lumber puncture tomorrow :(

Well after seeing the neuro for my mri scan results he said the scan was abnormal and he was 95 percent sure I have ms.I go for the lumber puncture test and evoked visual test tomorrow.Feel a bit in limbo as neuro spoke to hubby and I as though I actually “have” ms and then after seeing my g.p the other day with sinus probs he said "oh I have had a letter from the consultant and he says the mri is “suggestive” of ms so we should wait for the results of the other tests before diagnosing.I felt a ray of hope that he could be right,but then the neuro seemed convinced it is ms? I’m sorry I’m waffling on,just it’s not straight forward is it this limboland of finding out what is actually happening in your body?! I’m not relapsing at the moment but have been experiancing a tingling sensation unlike the numbness/pins and needles I have experianced in previous relapses but more like (and I know this sound smad!) like insects crawling on my skin?! on my thighs/hands/arm but literally for mins at a time then they go and when I lower my head forward I get a buzzing sensation with brief pins and needles in my back,sometimes legs,even bottom! Again just for seconds at a time?! Sorry for going on a bit,just nervous for tomorrow and a bit lost with it all! :slight_smile:

Hi ya, it doesn’t sound mad at all. I get the same creepy crawly sensation. Anything you can tell your neuro will help him, so it’s worth noting down. I remember all too well how nerve wracking it is prior to an lp too, but it’ll be fine. Rest afterwards, try to stay flat on your back and drink plenty (water and caffeinated drinks like full sugar coke). Paracetamol can help too. Take things easy for a few days if you can, all the above can help to reduce the chance of that monster headache appearing which some people get after an lp. Good luck. Debbie xx

Hi ya, it doesn’t sound mad at all. I get the same creepy crawly sensation. Anything you can tell your neuro will help him, so it’s worth noting down. I remember all too well how nerve wracking it is prior to an lp too, but it’ll be fine. Rest afterwards, try to stay flat on your back and drink plenty (water and caffeinated drinks like full sugar coke). Paracetamol can help too. Take things easy for a few days if you can, all the above can help to reduce the chance of that monster headache appearing which some people get after an lp. Debbie xx

I also have a lumbar puncture today so I guess I know how you feel nerves wise. I think in some ways I’d prefer a neuro who was up front about it. I asked mine if my abnormal MRI could be MS and he just says ‘We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it’. Good luck for today!

I also have a lumbar puncture today so I guess I know how you feel nerves wise. I think in some ways I’d prefer a neuro who was up front about it. I asked mine if my abnormal MRI could be MS and he just says ‘We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it’. Good luck for today!

Good luck both to both of you. Sam x

Good luck to both of you. Take it easy and be kind to yourselves after x

Good luck with the lp, it isn’t painful just weird having them do a procedure and you can’t see what is going on. You’ve already had good advice for avoiding the headache from hell.

The creepy crawly sensation is very common and it’s all worth telling your neuro about as is the buzzing down your back when you move your neck. If you look up l’Hermittes I think you will find that it sounds very similar to what you are experiencing. I quite like it when it is mild (odd I know) but when it is severe and feels like an electric shock all the way to my hands and feet then it isn’t very pleasant at all :frowning:

Tracey x

I’ve had mine now and they are making me lie down for an hour before I can go. She said because I’m skinny I’m likely to get the headache though :(.

Is anyone there with you? If yes, get them to buy a bottle of coke for you to sip, with a straw. I haven’t had my LP yet but I’ve read some very helpful replies on here about having coke afterwards or very strong coffee. Caffeine is the key. Sam x

I went on my own but I went prepared. I’ve had 500ml of Coke since and Tesco had them on BOGOF so I have another 4 litres (possibly excessive) by my bed.

4litres???!!! Lol I hope you’re near a loo lol. Hope the lps today all went ok

Hope LPs went ok today, not nice but may help diagnosis.

Enjoy the coke!!!

Jen x

Aww thankyou everyone for the replies it really does help knowing your not alone! :slight_smile: How are you feeling Jem? I layed down for hours and drank coke too! I had to wait for my evpked potential test so was there all day but like evryone has said if it gets us further on diagnosis wise then it’s worth it.Thanks everyone for the advice on crawling sensations really did feel freaked out with that one! Cheryl x

Hi Cheryl! I’m feeling ok so far, I feel a bit dizzy when I get up and my back hurts a little. I did lose sensation in my right leg for a little while this afternoon but it’s back now :). How about you? My doctor told me I shouldn’t really go to work for the rest of the week :/. Do you intend to lie down allllll day tomorrow too? There is no way I will be able to sleep on my back tonight, even with the best intentions I’ll roll over in my sleep.

I can’t lie on my back all night and I doubt I’ll sleep with all the caffeine ha ha! I had only booked today and tomorrow off work but I was told the same about resting rest of the week,I work on my feet from 9 till half 6 so I rang my boss and got Thursday off too and will see how I go I spose.I’ve got a 3 year old son so got mother and fatherinlaw helping out tomorrow so I can rest but I’m bored already! My back aches too :frowning: but maybe we will avoid the bad headache?

I move out of my flat on Saturday to move to London on Sunday, so I really need to at least start packing and cleaning at some point this week. I also am meant to have my work leaving lunch on Thursday currently with 29 people going, and need to do all my handover stuff before I go. I’m definitely going to take tomorrow off, and maybe Thursday morning and see how I feel. I could work from home but because of the move they have cut my broadband off! I don’t have children or anything, so definitely harder for you to just do nothing. I do live on my own though which means I have to do everything, making tea while feeling dizzy was… interesting at least!