L'hernittes

Hi everyone, I have been waiting nearly 3 yrs for a diagnosis. Have had 3 abnormal MRIs, a LP which was clear and am waiting the results of EMG. I ran the marathon in 2007 but could not run up the stairs now. It all started when out running and I started to trip up. Now my right leg and right arm are weak and I have footdrop. I still get around OK but get tired quickly iand cant walk too far. For the past couple of months I have had an electric shock like sensation when I bend my head but now I am getting it when I walk . I have also had backache at the bottom of my spine this week. Do you think this is a flare up? Up to now I have only had a CIS. I saw the doc and he is gonna do some blood tests and am seeing the nEURO next month. Thanks for listening.

L’Hermittes is a classic symptom of MS (although it can occur in other conditions too) and is caused by a lesion on the spinal cord. If you haven’t had it before, then it is definitely a new attack - best to let your neuro know. Not sure about the back ache - could be a lot of things. Have you seen a neurophysio? They are the best people to assess and advise. If the electric shocks are painful, you could ask for a neuropathic painkiller (e.g. pregabalin, gabapentin, amitriptyline) - worth a try. Karen x

Hi Karen Thanks for this, yes am seeing neurophysio next week, I will tell her. Best Wishes xx