leg pain after driving.

Anyone get really bad leg pains after driving? I drove to see family on Sunday, only 50miles there and back, haven’t been to work for two days. Wonder if it’s time to get a wheelchair? At least I could get to work. i can manage pain, well most, but no strength in my legs at all. I’m a manager on a warehouse floor and already struggle around with a walking stick. Thanks for any assistance guys.

Hello, over the last five years I have had to reduce my driving quite drastically. First of all, sitting still for a long time turns me into stone-or so it feels. I could probably sell tickets for people to watch me extract myself from a car at certain motorway services. Now I can manage about 5 miles! I have however, been able to arrange things so I can avoid too much, thanks to my wonderful wife. I’m afraid that some things have to be accepted and dealt with. It’s not the end for me though-I’ve got a great mobility scooter! I’m sure if the worst comes to the worst, there are ways round such things. It might be a good idea to talk to your GP and ask about physio and other possible solutions. Best wishes, Steve.

Thanks Steve, I have been reducing to a point. Just never been as bad after such a minor distance. I actually felt alright on the day (a bit stiff like you, but that’s the norm), the following morning was just burning pins and needles, driving was the only thing I did different to normal. It may have been something else? I am a lot more active at work now as well as I’m wanted out in the floor instead of behind a desk. That’s why I was thinking about a wheelchair. Evenif iI don’t use it all the time. Cheers, Pete.

Thanks Steve, I have been reducing to a point. Just never been as bad after such a minor distance. I actually felt alright on the day (a bit stiff like you, but that’s the norm), the following morning was just burning pins and needles, driving was the only thing I did different to normal. It may have been something else? I am a lot more active at work now as well as I’m wanted out in the floor instead of behind a desk. That’s why I was thinking about a wheelchair. Evenif iI don’t use it all the time. Cheers, Pete.

I too get leg pains. Don’t drive anymore though…DVLA took my license off me. Don’t like going on long journies, I’m like steve decribed above. Too much sitting of standing is not good for me…its just getting the balance right. If you feel a wheelchair will help with your mobility and independence then thats seems like a very good plan to me…go for it I say