Ladies - it's a special day...

It’s International Women’s Day! Did you even know? Big thing here, isn’t it? (NOT!)

I’ve only just noticed because I got an e-card for it (from someone not in this country, surprise, surprise).

I thought: “What am I getting this card for? Not my birthday, too early for Easter…”

Is there a reason we don’t go in for it here? Too close to Mother’s Day, perhaps?

Well, if you didn’t know you’re having a special day, now you do! Hope the blokes have a good one too.

Tina

x

I think I heard about this on something this weekend (not sure what), I will have some celebratory Malteasers to mark the occasion (hang on just had some, will have to have some more, any excuse!! )

1 Like

Hiya tina

I knew! Only cos I am part of a group called wow women of the world. I went as a speaker when I was able but now carer takes me. I am the baby of the group but I enjoy it-different nationalities and experiences.

happy iwd to all!

Ellie

2 Likes

That sounds interesting, Ellie!

Strictly speaking, I should have known, because I’m studying Russian at the moment, and only just recently learnt it’s a public holiday in Russia. But then proceeded to forget all about it (which seems to happen to rather a large proportion of things I learn…)

Tina

x

I’ve never heard of it Tina or if I have, I’ve forgotten.

My husband just informed me he has. So irritating how he seems to know everything

1 Like

I have just had a Toffee Sundae but that was before I knew about the day so perhaps i would be ok. to open a bag of popcorn now to celebrate!!! yom yom

1 Like

So if he knew, where are your chocolates, flowers, or at least a card, then?

I think he’s dug himself a hole…

Tina

x

That Tina, is a very good point. Come to think about it, he never mentioned the choccy and flowers bit

Do I wake him up from his little snooze and ask why or keep enjoying the peace…chocs can wait

1 Like