Lack of sexual feeling

The symptoms of my MS have always been in my lower half ever since I first experienced them about 6 years ago, in my bum, legs and feet. But the thing that worries me most is that I have lost all sexual feeling. Is that common? Can anything help?

My MS effects everything below my waist, I was advised by my MS Consultant try sex toys!
Much love, have fun M x

I feel by the number of responses that this is not a common symptom. Just me then.

1 Like

Sadly, it appears you are far from alone with this rotten symptom.

"Sexual difficulties are not unusual. Studies estimate that from half to three quarters of women with MS will be affected by sexual problems to some degree at some time. Some difficulties may be long lasting or permanent whilst others may come and go. Although sexual concerns are more likely the longer someone has had MS, they can occur at any time.

A study of 150 sexually active women in Italy found that sexual problems affected 16% of women without MS, and 42% of women with MS."

Sexual problems for women with MS | MS Trust

1 Like

Hello

Sorry your post got missed. That’s one of the problems with the new site.

I have had no feeling in my nether regions for years. It’s a sod of an MS symptom. Affects men and women. I did try stimulating the ‘affected area’ with a vibrator. But that didn’t work.

So one of the great pleasures of life has been missing for quite some years. Such a shame.

By all means, try to wake things up with sex toys. It might work. My MS is quite advanced, so I can’t really feel anything below the waist and am now progressive so that won’t change. But it might be something you can make work again.

Fingers crossed!

Sue

1 Like

You’re not alone. I thought for years that I was just one of those people who didn’t get anything out of sex.

1 Like

That’s so sad. I’m sorry. At least I have memories. Kind of. (Damn cognitive nonsense! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

2 Likes

Its not just about sex toys though is it… I think its about being with someone who well really turns you on. There is more then one way to skin a cat…

If you like sex and have a partner (or not imagination can work well), get yourself aroused in the mind, there are loads of naughty films you can watch for instance let the old phantasy go crazy, then see if your not able to hit the old G spot lol. If you do use toys dont forget to buy a supply of batteries lol.

I take the 5th lol. :rofl:

2 Likes