It's arriving today!

Hi everyone, My Copaxone is arriving today between 11 and 2 got the fridge all ready. Ive to call the MS nurse when it’s here, do you think I will have to start the injections today? Im actually scared this is the start of my treatment, I’ve seen in a few posts that it stings oh me I’m just getting myself in a panic here hopefully over nothing!! I hope I will be shown how to do all this properly and not just the once? Oh me way to have a cup of tea and try and chill :frowning: Hope everyones enjoying this lovely weather today :slight_smile: Laine x

Hi Laine,

Deep breaths!! lol!!

I have no experience with copaxone as i am on rebif (have been for over 6 years) but it will become just part of your routine - like brushing your teeth!

When i did my first injection with my nurse i was really nervous and when it was done i said ‘is that it?’

she replied ‘yes’. I then felt a bit silly for getting my knickers in a twist! lol!!

I would be surprised if you do your first injection today. I rang my nurse after delivery and she made me an appointment to go through it all with me as we did the first one together. I would suppose every area is different - i had to go to the hospital but i have heard some ms nurses come to your house now and that would be dependant on how busy and how far away she is from you.

Good luck and chill out in that lovely sunshine!

Teresa. x

Hiya…my first copaxone is arriving 12-3 !!!

My nurse is coming tomorrow to show me what to do,and the training may take 2-3 hrs—I dread to think what she has been told about me. I know I have alot of brain farts but surely it doesnt take that long?

We will have to compare notes. I watched the video and with the best will in the world I cant reach some of those places with a needle at 90 degrees…and I have masses of flab in loads of other far easier places to reach.

Hope it all goes well

Pip

ps im missing the sun as im scared of not hearing the door,how sads that?

Hi Pip

Good luck to you for tomorrow also. My rebif training took no more than an hour - 2/3???

Teresa. x

One tip Laine when you put the sharps bin together dont pull the sliding lid all the way shut like I did as it locks it!!!

Ive had to phone for a new one already. If like me and have dodgy eyes how are you supposed to see white writing on a white lid and there were no instructions.

When the bloke realised what my surname was and what I had done he was rolling,but very nice about posying a new one.

My daughter wants the rucksack for college to carry her laptop in.

Take care

Pip

That’s it just arrived one box in fridge and another large box to open, guess I should go phone the nurse first before I open it… Cheers Pip I will take care when putting the sharps bin together lol! Ok deep breath way to give her a call… And good luck tomorrow Pip :slight_smile: x

Hi, I’ve been taking copaxone since January, I live in France so it is might be different in England, but was shown how to do the injection for 3 weeks, I find it really easy to do, it stings a bit for a few minutes, you just have to make sure not to inject in the same area,you get a little diary to keep note of where you have injected, sometimes I get bit sore after a few days but it’s not bad, I get my husband to inject me in the places I can’t reach like my back and arms ( so I have to be nice to him so he doesn’t jap me to hard!!) the worse is worrying about it before you start the injections,I sure you will fine ( happy japping)

Sue

Hi All I may be in the “wrong” place for this post, if I am please excuse me. I have just jumped onto the biggest roller coaster I have just been diagnosed as having MS after several years of "masking"my symptoms. I spent 11 days in hospital, admission to diagnosis took 11 days. Tha support I have had has been excellent, I have not had treatment prescribed yet as I am in limbo and appointments have not been made yet. I would like to wish you all well as you all have a great inner strength

Hi Anon Thank you it’s all so very new to me too, I do think if you have the support it helps massively… The rollercoaster goes up and down a lot it’s scary!. Now you have been diagnosed things will probably happen very quickly appointments etc, I know it did for me. All the best to you. Laine x Simone2 3 weeks oh me! Did they come to your house or did you have to go to them, I called the ms nurse this afternoon after my med arrived, no one there have to call again tomorrow I expect I will have to go to them which is not a problem 20 min drive and I’m there. :slight_smile: I had a quick look through some of the things the areas where to inject says avoid stretch marks oh me I have plenty of those!! Im sure I can ask the nurse all the questions I will no doubt be worrying about after I’ve read everything properly., Laine x

Pip can you let me know how you get on, I’m going into clinic tomorrow 3.30 to play about!! Get my 1st jab too then wait half an hour before I get out just in case I have any side effects. Would be intersested to hear how you get on and as you say we can compare notes. Good luck jabbing lol Laine x

My nurse is coming to the house at 3pm!!!

I am so glad she is coming here as I havent driven since Oct as I dont trust my legs.

I have a complete freeze at the thought of jabbing my stomach and it will be a no go if you def have to avoid stretch marks— the thought of having to show her my belly fills me with dread.Especially as my daughter will be there to learn how to do the difficult bits.

I am a manager of a care home(albeit about to be retired out) and despite the ms nurse showing me,the video and the books on how to use the autoinject I dont seem to be able to get my head round it so I intend to just do it myself, and my dughter will learn the pen…me wonders if my brain farts are on my notes so this copaxone nurse thinks I need 2-3hrs training?

Dont panic about me not responding to how it went until tomorrow as I wont have access to the computer after the first jab.

Have to say the thought of that needle hovering above the skin and me having to push it in isnt my favourite thought of the day…but hey ho the sun is out and my garden now in bloom.

All the best for tomorrow happy jabbing and from now on its onwards and upwards.

Pip

Hi Laine Thanks for your support. I have done the self pity/ denial and nowt is gonna change. The MS nurse e- mailed me details to is it next week. But on a glorious day as yesterday getting back to “normal” and dinner in the pub was just what was needed. I hope it all goes well for you and I have found that talking helps. Mike x

Hi, yes Laine, the nurse did come to my house, the Neuro doctor put down for me to have 4 weeks training with autoinject, but decided on just the normals injections, I manage to get them to go after 3 weeks! but I am living in France, they are a bit over the top at times, but I don’t mind I get really good care, Having said yesterday about it stinging a bit with the injections,my stomach is stinging like hell this morning!!!

Sue

Pip your in my thoughts just now wondering how your getting on look forward to tomorrow when I’ll get all your news :)x Mikep too right it’s gonna change when I don’t know for me I’m still not believing it could bury my head in the sand but that will do me no good, I feel normal if I ever was lol!! But if these injections reduce the chances of a big relapse then I’m going for it,wonder if I’ll still be saying the same at 3.30 tomorrow!? My boss even said he’d jab me if I wanted always knew I was his favourite employee lol!x Simone2 thank you for that ( stomach stinging like hell )!! Mmm can’t wait lol, hope it just lasts a few seconds?x Take care all of you Laine xxx

Pip your in my thoughts just now wondering how your getting on look forward to tomorrow when I’ll get all your news :)x Mikep too right it’s gonna change when I don’t know for me I’m still not believing it could bury my head in the sand but that will do me no good, I feel normal if I ever was lol!! But if these injections reduce the chances of a big relapse then I’m going for it,wonder if I’ll still be saying the same at 3.30 tomorrow!? My boss even said he’d jab me if I wanted always knew I was his favourite employee lol!x Simone2 thank you for that ( stomach stinging like hell )!! Mmm can’t wait lol, hope it just lasts a few seconds?x Take care all of you Laine xxx

Hiya…it really was a doddle.The copaxone nurse was lovely and had a bag full of sample syringes in the packaging and everything so you had to do it as it would really be.Most of my stomach is out of bounds due to stretch marks but quite happy to do it right at the side but still on my front.

The places to do it were far more extensive than it shows you in the info packs,she also showed me a far easier way of doing my arms so I can do both myself and how to sit so my legs were floppy so there was plenty to aim at in my thigh.

I did the first one in my belly as that was the bit I dreaded and HONESTLY didnt feel it. Very slight bee sting reaction but in no way felt as bad as a sting and then it felt warm but not unpleasant for about ten minutes,did the paperwork and then I went shopping.

For once in my life I am glad about the weight I have put on.!!!

My hubby even had a go with the autoinject and if push comes to shove says he will do it.I did it manually and she is happy for us to use both and is coming back in a month.

It really is as easy as that.I didnt use the ice pack either but she says that will be trial and error as with all my flab I probably wont need it, and if I do she would expect that I many only use it on my arms if at all.

If you find it as painless as I did you will understand my --its a doddle.

I wish you well

Pip

Ahh Pip thank you I came on especially to see if you had replied I’m so glad you found it a doddle I am too bit nervy about stretch marks as I have lost weight lately and have them everywhere, also having 2 grown up kids so not a bonnie sight round the tummy area!.. Will pop here later and let you know how i go I’m hoping I can say the same as you a doddle :wink: Cheers Pip thank you xx

I hope it has all gone well for you.I am sure it will have.

Pip

DODDLE Pip lol yip no problem except to the sting afterwards for about 5 minutes…met a young lad who was same as me first time on the Copaxone, he did have a bit of a turn afterwards but I sat and spoke to him for a while, waiting for my funny turn to happen but nothing :slight_smile: thank goodness it’s over I feel I might be more relaxed doing it at home tomorrow… How did your 2nd one go today? :slight_smile: Laine x

So intent on missing the stretch marks I forgot the waistband bit so I rubbed a bit…but no worse than all my clothes getting too tight to be comfy at the mo,and can I blame all that on the Gabapentin?

Other than that it was a breeze.Guess if all the sites are that easy you can see why everyone says its like brushing your teeth. I have no sign at all of where I did them.

Im not looking forward to being harpooned by my daughter as im sure I will jump when im not in control and its the autoject.

Which way are you doing it?

So glad it went well,and I guess as you have seen that if you do react it passes it wont be scary if it happens to you.

Good luck flying solo.

Pip