Forum

Is this another relapse

Hi Had all the tests awaiting DX Had a bad relapse 7 mths ago that has almost gone, but in the last few days the same symptoms have flared back up. Could this be another relapse or the same one continuing Thanks Gray x

Hi Gray,

Its hard to say whether its the same relapse or another one. Unfortunately it’s a case of wait and see what happens. If your symptoms continue to get worse then call the ms nurse. If any of your symptoms are new then the relapse could be a new one.

Is it possible you have an infection of some kind? a cold//ear infection or something simular? or coming down with something? Quite a few people with ms feel their old symptoms flare up when they get an infection and it calms down again when they get rid of the infection.

Take care

Teresa.x

According to the MS Soc "A relapse is defined by the appearance of new symptoms, or the return of old symptoms, for a period of 24 hours or more – in the absence of a change in core body temperature or infection, http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms#what. Also I remember they have to be 30 days apart.

I’d tell my neuro or GP as the number of relapses is relevant to DX and treatment.