Is Gabapentin working already??!!

Afternoon all from sunny(ish) Stoke :slight_smile:

I went to see my GP yesterday morning as I’d been off work for a couple of weeks with severe fatigue and didn’t feel ready to go back yet. She gave me another note for a further 3 weeks and asked if I was getting any pain. My legs and back have been hurting more than normal and I’d kinda got focused on the fatigue but now I think about it the fatigue may be a knock on from the extra discomfort in my legs. Anyhoo she’s prescribed me Gabapentin and kinda said I can take it as and when but try starting it before bedtime, just 100mg to start with.

I took one last night and this morning woke up ready to take on the world! :slight_smile: No drowsiness from it, legs felt better, although now I’ve been up and about and pottering round they’re now starting to complain.

Is it normal that I can feel such a reaction so soon or could it just be a coincidence? I’ve read on here of people taking a lot higher dose 3 times a day to control their pain, it just seemed a bit too good to be true this morning!

Also any help from people taking it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: