Interesting article

Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/11073397/Multiple-sclerosis-could-be-switched-off-by-retraining-immune-system.html

Somebody sent this to my husband earlier. I have no idea about the science involved but it does look hopeful doesnā€™t it? I wondered how youā€™d get on to a trial for this kind of thing?

Once again something positive and something to give us hope, but how many years away?

Tests and trials and funding issues take such a long time.

Iā€™m not holding my breath!

It does look interesting, I have an appointment with my neurologist next week and I will ask about it although I am not currently resident in the UK but I will be interested in what she thinks this latest news.

I am sure it will be sometime before it becomes available if at all. I was diagnosed just over a year ago with PPMS and not currently on any medication and I am always hoping they will find a miracle cure! If only.

A friend of mine did point out that itā€™s undergoing human trials so further along than a lot of trials I guess.

I ran the London Marathon in 1999, was diagnosed with SPMS in 1997. My sister ran the marathon in 2010 and beat my time by 50 seconds, I dream of a cure that means I can run again and beat her time!

2 Likes

Thanks for the article,very interesting.I reckon WE should launch someting (a large rock perhaps) to say that if the usual ludicrous time frame for testing a new drug is suspended,there would only be about 10,000 of us with a crayon to sign any disclaimer to help trial the drug.Now where is that crayonā€¦?

Wb

2 Likes

If it can put the brakes on (Iā€™m PPMS), then I really hope I can get it whilst still on my feet, albeit pretty wobbly!

I read this yesterday on the dark side (MS Trust) and then got really worried as I couldnā€™t find any reports elsewhere ā€¦ but today it seems to be everywhere

Sonia x

1 Like

Itā€™d be good if the beloved MS Society showed an interest.Over the years there have been lots and plenty of claims about ā€˜new drugsā€™,but my schoolboy biology sees the reasoning behind the idea.Hopefully the idea can be applied to more ā€˜popularā€™ conditions;Dementia would be a goody and WE can hobble in on the coat tails.

Wb

1 Like

I want to talk to my neuro about this article when I see him in a month. But when I add threads to my favourites, they donā€™t appear in my favourites list anymore (they used to before the site ā€œupgradeā€). But if I post, Iā€™ll have it on the list of things Iā€™ve posted. Thatā€™s a bit cock-eyed, isnā€™t it?