Intended Consequences

How I wish I could afford a gun. I just put my information, minus my DLA award into the turn2 us benefits calculator. If my PIP application is unsuccessful I will lose my Council Tax rebate, my ESA and my heating payment. All told I will lose £7450 a year. All so that smarmy faced ars**ole Osborne can give Tory voters in the 40% tax bracket an extra £100 a year for their votes. They will have us wearing something sewn on to our clothing next to single us out by sight. The knock on effect of the new PIP restrictions hasn’t been widely reported and so probably the vast majority of people are unaware. Osborne isn’t one of them.

Gary

1 Like

Hopeful,

There have been a number of threads on the issues of the revised PIP criteria and the migration from DLA to PIP.

The most useful are probably the ones below in which people such as Ssue and Dr Geoff, amongst others, have dissected the obfuscation issued by the DWP.

In my modest contribution, I have highlighted the obsession with cost saving at the expense of any humanity.

https://community.mssociety.org.uk/forums/everyday-living/new-consultation-pip-descriptors-please-rea

The PIP changes are not due for implementation until 2017. I hope for your sake that your transition to PIP takes place before then with the old rules still in place.

Best wishes

Alun

[quote=“Hopeful”]

How I wish I could afford a gun. I just put my information, minus my DLA award into the turn2 us benefits calculator. If my PIP application is unsuccessful I will lose my Council Tax rebate, my ESA and my heating payment. All told I will lose £7450 a year. All so that smarmy faced ars**ole Osborne can give Tory voters in the 40% tax bracket an extra £100 a year for their votes. They will have us wearing something sewn on to our clothing next to single us out by sight. The knock on effect of the new PIP restrictions hasn’t been widely reported and so probably the vast majority of people are unaware. Osborne isn’t one of them.

Gary

[/quote] Hi.

Why will you loose your ESA if PIPs is turned down ?

Ronin.

That was what I was wondering Ronin as I understood they were two separate benefits. I get higher mobility and only standard living on pip. So feel I may lose standard living when reassessed next year.

polly

Apparently if I lose the care element of pip I lose the ESA. That’s according to a couple of sites I have entered my details into. Problem is that I have a small pension but I also have a mortgage which is too small to get help. The bottom line is that after mortgage, council tax, insurance and gas/electric bills are taken into account I am left with about £40 a week for everything. The good news is that I will lose weight. Well, you need to have a good news element don’t you? Heyho, it is what it is. There are people a lot worse off than me. Got to thank your lucky stars sometimes.

No, you’ve done something wrong surely. ESA is separate. I applied for ESA and got enhanced. THEN I applied for DLA.

Unless the sneaky B’s have changed the criteria further and we don’t know!

Flo

There is no care element to pip there is living and mobility but ESA is a totally separate benefit you can apply for one or both totally separate and they are awarded separately

Polly

It’s not true that you’ll lose ESA if you don’t get PIP.

They are completely different benefits and are assessed in very different ways.

Have a look at http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

This site can be relied upon to give you correct and up to date information. It costs about £20 to join but there’s some free info on there too.

Otherwise look at the CAB website.

Sue

1 Like