I'm shocked!!

What worries me is that it looks as if someone has direct access to our e-mail addresses. I hope the mods can assure me that isn’t correct.

I’ve just checked my email account & i don’t have anything in there, checked the junk mail too

but how can someone send a message to a user-name that hasn’t been used for over 6 months. Where did the sender get that name from?

can we have an assurance that our ‘real’ names, personal details and e-mail addresses are not accessible to anyone.

Had him too today. Have reported him, but seems mods already know. As long as no one is fooled and duped, he’ll slither away back underground!

Poll

This person sent me the same message but to an old user name - not used that user name for over 6 months - where did he get that user name from??

I am awaiting a response to my question - see message 28 of this thread.

I think he’s been looking at old posts, perhaps relating to diet, just a hunch. He would get your old username that way.

Jan x

2 Likes

Snap Polar Bear.

Jan x

hope you are right and that he/she hasn’t hacked into the site and has access to all our user names personal details and e-mail address.

look forward to admin’s response .

I have posted about diet/food during my time being on this site. Think that is what he has done, searched a word and gone from there. And anyone who has responded to a post about food probably also been contacted.

I haven’t posted on a diet/food thread and I didn’t receive one, sneaky so & so.

Karma will get him! !!

Perhaps he’ll get knocked over by a bread truck

Bad joke…sorry

1 Like

Val

Thanks for your messages and your work on this site.

You will recall that 6 months ago there was a major breach on this site - one that was hushed up with no explanation from the web team. (That was the reason I changed my user name 6 months ago.)

I have a serious concern re my personal security about what is going on at the moment.

For that reason I will be withdrawing form this site.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I was very angry at the email so messaged the guy back. Below is the email I sent.

Please take your money grubbing messages elsewhere rather than preying on people who are ill and vulnerable and also desperate. How very cruel you are. I don’t know how you could think this was acceptable or warranted to message so many people on a site that is supposed to be for people to get support from each other not for some money grubber to come on and sell them some snake oil. Please do not message me again or I will be forced to take further action as this is unsolicited and unwanted contact.

This was his reply.

If I’m a bad person why don’t you call me and talk to me ,

keyesgood 7:35 pm

• Delete
  • Block

The ms society will not answer my emails , just in case you lot find out about what ms really is , get them to contact me , get this Stewart guy to contact me , asap

Omg is he an expert on ms now?! Lol. I’m impressed with your email, im kinda glad that I blocked him before he had a chance to reply to my message. I would of ended up arguing with him if he sent me message like that.

Hi Krakowian,

To reassure you, no one can access your real names and email addresses, unless you sign off a post with your real name, like me ‘Steph’ .

When you send a private message and type in the To: field it brings up user names as you start to type. We can delete your old account. If you private message me your old username we can get that deleted for you.

We are dealing with the weekend troublemaker now.

Many thanks,

Steph

1 Like

The message I received off keyesgood has gone out of my inbox, looks like he’s either been deleted or he has removed himself.

The cheeky bxxxxxxx. I blocked him immediately I saw his pm. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction or time by replying. And his reply to you, Lindyloo shows how brassnecked and vain he is! I reckon he’ll know he’s wasted his time with us.​

Pollx

A quick search on the net revealed a Mike Keyes with a username of keyesgood looking for information on moving from Australia to Formosa last year - should the household good go in his name, or that of his Formosan wife.

Obviously a cheapskate as well as a spammer.

Geoff