I use my bus pass yet again!

Hello all my fellow MS-ers don’t want to bore you with my chatter but was so excited by my trip out yesterday I wanted to share it with those who will perhaps appreciate what it meant to me.
My daughterd I took the bus from the village into the city about seven miles away. Being able to sit in my trusty wheelchair and actually look out rather than lying in an ambulance was a joy in itself. But oh dear I hardly recognized the city, so much change. The bus station was more like an airport departure lounge and the actual town centre itself was rather sad I thought. The large Debenhams store was closed with nothing in its place and only that morning I learnt that horror of horrors M&S would be shutting down its store next year.
But I still managed some retail therapy and bought not any old meal but an M&S meal for the evening. Unfortunately the bus we were meaning to catch back was cancelled but undeterred sat outside enjoying the sun.
Managed to get myself back on the bus - although the bus can be lowered there is still sometimes quite a gap between bus and you. If only I could dress myself I’m sure I would take many more journeys but I count my blessings and am so thankful for what I can do. Mind you I was so tired I could hardly speak by the time I got home but nice tired!! Take care. Essie X

2 Likes

Nice one Essie sounds like a very successful if tiring trip out. Thanks for sharing your obvious enjoyment. I recently spent some time with old school mates, great fun but I had to sleep until 10 AM for a couple of days afterwards.
M

Sounds like a lovely (if someone disconcerting, given the changes to your city) outing Essie. And one long overdue.

Sometimes it’s worth using up a few days of energy for a good day.

Sue

That’s great, Essie! I do love hearing about your travels.

Mick, I finally got brave enough to meet up with a former co-worker I hadn’t seen in close to 3 years. We talked nonstop over lunch and then wound up standing at the cars for another hour. No, I didn’t drive myself, but I did manage that part of the day without my cane!

1 Like

Sounds like you also had a great day out. So nice to hear the good stuff.
Mick