Forum

I need help and support

Hi I dont know where to start really I have had these symptoms for well over 12month and I am gradually getting worse I am extremely tired I experience muscle achy and pins and needles I have vision problems and the pain is unreal I have just spent the last 2 days in bed with extreme pain in my lower back hip and left leg and my left arm feels heavy and achy I have slept on and off most of the time I have lost weight and my appitite is non existant my gp has said its deoression I just feel like he isnt listening to me I know its not all depression and its now getting to the point where I am on quiet a lot of painkillers which aint helping and its seriously worrying me and getting me down could this be MS every forum I have beenon it seems to suggest it is and where can I go for help because my gp just wont listen to me

Hi Shaz,

Sorry to hear you are struggling with so much at the moment. The trouble with MS is it’s very hard to diagnose as there are so many variables that Dr google tends to suggest MS is the problem for a wide range of symptoms. MS like symptoms can be caused by a trapped nerve or a certain vitamin deficiences all of which are treatable. You say your GP has linked all your symptoms to depression, are they treating you for that with counselling or anti-depressents etc? If so are there any improvments? If not i would suggest asking the GP how are they planning on your symptoms improving without treatment?

I think seeing the GP and asking for a full set of blood tests to make sure nothing else is happening eg. vitamin deficiencys. would be a good starting place. Also ask about the possibility of a referral to a neurologist, not mentioning MS as your reasoning, just that you feel your symptoms are neurological and would like a chance to explain your symptoms to an expert. If your GP says no to this, i would suggest finding a new GP and making the practice manager of the surgery aware that you feel your treatment has not been in line with the NHS constitution (patient choice).

You know your body best, so don’t give up, stay positive and keep on pushing. Good luck.

Hi yes they are treating me for depression and ikeep telling him the antidepressents are not making any difference he has also put me on zomorph gabapentin and naproxen for the pain and nothing is touching it am just really tired and miserable right now but I am going to do what you have suggested thank you’d

I know it’s hard when your fed up to keep on pushing, but stick at it, you deserve some proper answers. Best of luck.

No idea why my other post was anon, must be my sausage fingers!

I know it’s hard when your fed up to keep on pushing, but stick at it, you deserve some proper answers. Best of luck.

No idea why my other post was anon, must be my sausage fingers!

Hi Shaz, I completely agree with Laura. I would also book an appointment with an opthalmic optician to get your eyes checked (you don’t say what your vision problems are but if it turns out to be optic neuritis, it could get the ball rolling). If you still get resistance to a neuro referral and can afford it, some neuro’s will see you privately without a GP referral (which is what I did as my GP put everything down to ME/anxiety). If you can find one at a private clinic who also works for the NHS in your area, they may be able to add you to their NHS list if testing (bloods, MRI etc.) is required.

Best of luck hun,

Mags :slight_smile: xx

((hugs))