I had hard news today

Dear Pat. you be strong and fight it, Ms makes us strong its now ten months ago that my brain tumour was found 3 scans and 10 rounds of chemotherapy and l am still fighting.

A little funny to make you smile 2 year old granddaughter was showing us the l am a little teapot dance she had been shone at play group you do it grandad she said so he starts to sing it she stops him as he sings l am a Little tea pot and says but grandad you are a Big teapot bliss take care we send you all uor hugs regards Jan xxxx

4 Likes

Dear Pat, thinking of you today and sending you strength.

pollxxx

3 Likes

Hi all, went for the meeting with cancer nurse and consultant. Confirmed it is cancerā€¦but itā€™s a small cancer and the consultant assured me that this can be dealt with and wonā€™t be a problem.

I could have had surgery in next couple of weeks but I opted to have it done by consultant (a very nice Asian man) so heā€™s booked me in for Friday 20th May. Heā€™ll come & see me Saturday morning and we can decide if I go home or stay in for the weekend.

I might have the lymph glands taken out in surgery if they find cells in them (I think I have more biopsies while under anaesthetic).

Then Iā€™ll have a course of radiotherapy and I might need chemo. Oh and two drugs as well. They will know more when theyā€™ve operated.

So thatā€™s basically it. I was very nervous this morning but fine now that I know what the plan is, and consultant seemed so confident that this is going to be gone!!!

He asked how Iā€™m doing and I said I canā€™t stop eating!! Did make him laugh. He said carry on eating!!! So now Iā€™ve been advised to eat by a medical professional. Canā€™t get much better than thatā€¦lolā€¦

Love to allā€¦and many, many thanks,

Pat xx

8 Likes

When God made granite he decided it wasnā€™t hard enough so he made a snow leopard.

6 Likes

Thank you,

Pat xx

2 Likes

Hi Pat

Glad your appointment went OK, and the plan has been decided, easier to know than not, you can imagine all sorts. Sounds like your team are very nice, which also is a huge help.

To be told by the consultant eating is good, gives you the green light now nnot to worry, and eat whatever you likeā€¦chocolate is always a good place to start! (She sayss after just eating a Fryā€™s chocolate cream bar)

Keep your chin up, we are all willing you well, take care.

Pam x

2 Likes

Pat Iā€™m so glad your appointment went well and a plan has been decided upon. It all feels better when you have a team you have confidence in. Weā€™re all here for you.

Cath xx

2 Likes

Love you Pat, you are a warrior xxxx

3 Likes

Dear Pat, I`m making you a special no calorie tea.

What do you fancy?..already started on my shopping listā€¦

fruit scones

clotted cream

strawberry jam

drinks? what do you like, I like a nice glass of rose wineā€¦

who wants to add to Pat`s tea party?

much love Pollxx

3 Likes

How about chocolate eclairs

Polly x

2 Likes

Hi Poll

The party definitely needs a lovely chocolate or lemon drizzle cake.

Pam xx

2 Likes

Pimms and sunshine every timeā€¦

1 Like

Pat, I was shocked to read about this having been off the board for a few weeks (setting up a new computer).

Canā€™t add anything to all the wonderful comments and support youā€™ve already received except to send love and hugs from Ruth and myself, and Smokey and Rumbelow want to make sure that Dickie knows he has to look after you.

Having gone the cancer/ppms route I can confirm that the ms is harder to bear, so judging by the way you handle ms so strongly youā€™ll be fine.

Thinking of you

Kev x

3 Likes

Oh could I have cheese straws as well please ā€¦ And some soft bake chocolate chip cookies?

I donā€™t drink booze anymore unfortunately but I do love my tea.

Thank you. This really made me smile.

Pat xx

3 Likes

I would like to thank you all individually, but you have overwhelmed me with responses so I want you ALL to know how much your messages mean to me. Sometimes I just sit here and go through them and read them all again. They have helped enormously.

With love,

Pat xx

7 Likes

good to know

pollxx

ps my carrier bags are getting heavier with a the goodies for your party.

2 Likes

No having sneaky little snacks before the party!!!

Pat xx

1 Like

can you smell the homebaked chewy, choc chip cookies i am baking for the party,thats if they get there lol.

J x

3 Likes

Pat so sorry to hear about your bad news, their is not a lot I can say apart from Iā€™m thinking of you, keep strong.

Lots of love Deborah x

2 Likes

Have been reading - and following the PWMS - who have had or are waiting for HSCT - which is a chemotherapy - to cure or improve symptoms of their MS.

Would it not be a wonderful outcome if Patā€™s treatment not only cures her cancer but also her MS.

Lots of love coming to you and Dickie - Pat

3 Likes