Forum

I finally did it....mobility scooter.

So, after nearly a year of not being able to leave the house unaided, I finally kicked my stupid pride into touch. A very lovely friend has been gently persuading (aka nagging !!) me to get a mobility scooter for ages. Hubby has said little but made it clear that I had to do it in my own time and when said friend sent me an advert for one this week, something inside me pinged and I just went for it !! I bought one really heavy duty one as I live on the side of a rural, steep hill. This would not fold up to go in the car so I also bought a smaller powered one which doesn’t have the power to get up the hill. So the best of both worlds !! And today…whoopee…I went out, unaided for the first time in a year !! I feel so liberated and happy. I should have done it ages ago. Catherine Xx

Nice one H,welcome to the club…Good innit

Happy wheeling,

Wb x

Really pleased you had the courage, welcome done u xx

Thanks guys Xx

Well done Catherine, I can totally understand the pride thing… my walking stick has not left my side when I’m out of the house and I wish I’d got it earlier.

Glad to hear you got some freedom back

Sonia x

Well done Catherine, I’m pleased for you as I know from experience how liberating this can be.

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) Mary

What can we say… other than WELL DONE MrsH…

You are not alone … I can certainly relate to the ‘pride jean’ In my case I overcame it whist at Center Parks… having a hard time on my e-bike, I hired one of their mobility scooters (a couple of months ater, I bought my own)… No wish to go back – to being without that is

What can we say… other than WELL DONE MrsH…

I can certainly relate to the ‘pride jean’. In my case I overcame it whist at Center Parks… (having a hard time on my e-bike, I hired one of their mobility scooters - within a couple of months, I’ve bought my own)… No wish to go back – to being without that is

my heart felt congratulations I hope you enjoy your new found freedom. It’s a big step to take. it took me a long time to accept wheels were the only option. I’ve needed to upgrade my manual chait to power chair and now can’t wait!! Sara xxx

Good for you Mrs H!

I know how liberating scooters and wheelchairs are, so you`ve done the right thing.

Enjoy!

luv Pollx

Well done Mrs H, enjoy your freedom and independence.

Pam x

WELL DONE MRS H!!!

I wouldn’t live without my scooter… it IS my freedom and independence!!!

It’ll just get better and better hon. You wait and see… the places you can now go and the freedom it’ll give you… it’s a whole new world!

Pat x

Well done Catherine. Your free to roam and roam now :wink: enjoy hun xxx

Thanks all…I am abs bloomin lutely loving having my independence back !! Might have taken me a while to admit I needed one, but honestly, it’s the best thing I’ve done ! Catherine Xx

Congrats… Well done Just watch out for speed cameras lol

And, thanks to MrH, it is now pimped up and looking glam with lots of pink decals !!

Good for you.