I don't know what to do to help my boyfriend

Hello everyone. I’m new with this and I’m also from Greece so I’m sorry if my English are not that good but I really needed help. My boyfriend is 28 years old right now and he’s diagnosed since 26 years old after a severe stroke. He was told that he had another stroke at 21 and 22 years old but they were “unnoticed”. The latest stroke triggered the MS. He also has adrenal hyperplasia, congenital, dysthymia, a huge drinking problem ( since diagnosed he only drinks beers) and he was abusing any kind of drug(since diagnosed he has stopped, at least that’s what he tells me). He is keeping everything inside and doesn’t tell me when he is in pain, or what kind of pain he is in or anything and I don’t know how to help him feel better. Especially if he has been drinking and I try to suggest something for his own good, or ask him what is happening he completely shuts me off and gets very upset. I see past it and Im understanding but today he had a very sharp pain attack and I didn’t know what to do and I got very scared. What can I do or tell him to soothe his pain as much as I can?

Thank you

It’s a terrible thing for both of you to be going through in your 20’s.

Sounds like he’s very scared and possibly angry too, but he HAS TO STOP DRINKING. It’s possible that the alcohol is compromising medications he may be taking. Get him to your GP doctor and don’t take his difficult behaviour personally - he is lucky to have you.

Hello Eva, you sound like a great person to have around. Your boyfriend has a lot going on, drinking might be his way of coping. What was he like before his ms diagnosis?

The difficulty you have is getting him to accept that he needs help, both accepting ms but with getting the right medical support.

Does he have any family/friends that can help talk some sense in to him?

Remember, if he gets a pain as you describe and you are worried you can (if in the England) call 111 to get some advice.

All the best, don’t forget to look after yourself.