I dislike this new site

Since this new site has been set up, I get very little support from any member. I appriciate that I may not post very interesting stuff, but before I would end up having my fears supported. Maybe I dont use it correctly. With my pea sized brain (since MS) I find it so complicated. Do I tag?? to I add smilies??? I see quotes come up - hows that done???

Oh change is not always good

Caz

There is nothing wrong with the site it just has fewer users, that’s all.

Hi Caz

Sorry you are struggling with the new site. I must say i am not great with computers either. I still have not got an avatar and have only used the quote once but i am learning slowly.

The site had to be updated as i understand the old software could not be updated. In my words ‘it was broken and couldn’t be repaired’. LOL!! So even though change is not always good - in this case it was necessary.

I left for a while but i have to say that the people here have been friendly and helpful to me. Perhaps no-one could help you with your problem when you have posted? and therefore you feel the support was not there?

I was dx a few years ago and help where i can. Hopefully someone will come along to help you with using the site - as i may tell you incorrectly.

Best wishes

Teresa.x

Caz,

Like so many of us - l loved the old site and did find it difficult to get into this new one. Do persevere - never mind all the smiley icons etc. l never log off - as l found it so difficult to log back on. The ‘quote’ option is when you want to use what someone has posted in your reply. lf you click onto the quote symbol you will see how you can then add it to your post.

There are lots of other sites for pwms. The MSRC is very informative - and there is one called ladieswithlesions - l think it is on facebook. l wish l was better adept at using ‘the web’ - but l am learning all the time.

lf you feel you want to speak to someone in a more personal way - you can message them. Just click onto the ‘pm’ symbol on their post. l will always reply to you - l do have 30yrs experience of spms - but as l have never taken dmd’s - l cannot with that subject. But LDN - and supplements - exercise then maybe l can.

Frances.

Dear Caz,

X I ‘read ‘your site’ and and felt that I had to respond.’ Hope you are feeling alright today?

Love.

Marcus. x.

Hi Caz,

Look how much response you have got - and so quickly. l know we are probably all indoors sheltering from the rain-but ‘didn’t she do well’.

l hope you feel more ‘at home’ with us now

F x

I know the old site was better but cant remember what it looked like, difficult to be too nostalgic with MS, I wonder what my ex-wife looked like!.

For Caz

If you want to quote the whole of somebodies post, you click on the “quote” button, just like Frances says.
If you just want to quote a bit, you have to use commands in square brackets ( ).

To start the quote, you write:
quote=name enclosed in the square brackets (where name is the name of the person you want to quote)
now copy and paste in the bit you want to quote
finish with /quote enclosed in the square brackets
there should be NO spaces inside the brackets

Now try it for yourself (quote me if you like).

For Teresa

Avatars are easy. Size your picture real small (try 60 x 80 pixels to start with). Now dig into “My Account” > “My Profile” > “Edit” > and you will see a point where you can edit your avatar. Now you can type in the place on your computer where your avatar picture is. Then save the changes!!!

Geoff

Hello Caz,

I must admit that I never knew the previous site, so I can’t say if this one is better or worse than that, but I really like this one. I (ahem!) had to ask my sister to sort out my avatar, but aside from this it has been pretty plain sailing. Please don’t give up as the more of us there are, the better - strength in numbers and all that.

Good luck,

Moira

Hi Caz,

Never spoken to you before as I’m relatively new to this forum but have found it helpful and the people are very kind and helpful.

Hope all is well with you at the moment. See the little round yellow face above, click on him and you can give any picture you like. see easy.

Hope that helps.

Janet

x

Hi Caz, Im sorry that you havent felt you`ve got the support from the site, which you needed.

I also found the changed site difficult to get round. But I persevered and am glad i did.

we may have lost a few of the oldies, but I still feel the support and friendship that I always did.

Sorry, if i didn`t help either. Must put that right.

I dont have an avatar or use smiley faces. Dunno how to get them. But I dont think they add or detract to my posts/replies.

Keep chatting, yeh?

luv Pollx

This site is nothing like the close nit (no typo) community we had on the old Boards. There is only one reason,and that is the loss of the reply to the reply facility because the management constantly say that in a long forgotten survey on the old site a handful of people said that facility was not important. This really suited the management as they could then purchase an ‘off the shelf industry standard package’, which they had no idea how to install. This resulted in many people jumping ship never to return,and now we see the result.[filtered words aplenty].

Still, it was fairly cheap and who is really bothered.

Wb

Hello, it’s not as good as the old site was, yet. I say yet as it’s down to the people who use it and a lot have left.

But more people have joined and will contiue to do so, I hope, and maybe somemore of the ‘oldies’ will come back.

To quote I just click on the quote tab and delete the bits I don’t need to quote as I can’t do the quote,name,brackets thing, so that works for me. I can’t help with the avatar as I’ve no idea how I got mine and I’ve never tagged anything either ( mainly because I’ve no idea what it is ).

I just use the bits of the site I can! Hope you stick around.

Hi Dr Geoff!

I have done my avatar - thanks for the help. I am trying it out to see what it looks like!

Meet my pet tortoise - pebbles. LOL!

Teresa. x

It’s definitely not as friendly Caz, I met a lovely lady from Australia on the old site and we write nearly every day as well as exchanging cards and gifts at Christmas etc., we support one another through this MS journey. Ok I have got used to this new site now and it’s good if you just need help with a symptom but my friend and I agree that we would never have become such good friends on here. Never mind.

Wendyx

Oh and i miss the spellcheck!

Hi I can’t remember what the old site looked like now. I did try another site for a while but I came back here because people seem more positive on here and the support is great.

I found it difficult to sign in at first but it’s OK now. The bit I feel is lacking is that my own profile looks boring, I wish there was a way of decorating it myself. I love the look of your tortoise Teresa.

Lynne xx

Hi Teresa

So you took the plunge - nice job.

Geoff

Hi,

I am Clare; only being posting for a few weeks but have been reading the forum posts for 6 months or so.

I only use it in its basic mode but as time moves on, I guess will learn a few new functionalities.

I wasn’t around at the time of the old site but I must say I find the people on here, new and old, friendly and informative.

I hope you get used to it soon.

Take Care

Clare

Hi,

I am Clare; only being posting for a few weeks but have been reading the forum posts for 6 months or so.

I only use it in its basic mode but as time moves on, I guess will learn a few new functionalities.

I wasn’t around at the time of the old site but I must say I find the people on here, new and old, friendly and informative.

Take Care

Clare

Hi,

Take Care

Clare