Forum

I am a foreigner with MS...

Hello all Just an introduction… I am a Dutchman who came to live in England in 1995. Married to a wonderful English lady, two children of which one has severe learning difficulties (Global Developmental Delay). (Finally) diagnosed with MS (as it stands now I am in the SP phase) in December 2003. Plenty of examples with regard to ignorant (?) employers, am I perhaps (or probably) too much of a risk or or…? Would like to communicate with other MSers in the UK, for advice, ‘sharing’, support (both ways) and whatever else you can think of! For your information, I am 48 years of age and still ‘mobile’ (OK, cannot take part in a sports day, but can still ‘walk’). :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: By the way, I am a regular visitor at (on?) the dutch MS website, which I truly enjoy, Still, for ‘everyday living’ it might prove more practical to ‘meet up’ with you guys! Speak to you soon!

Hi Welcome to the site :smiley: you certainly have come to the right place for help, support, information and even a laugh. Take care, hope to speak soon Pam

Hello and welcome. :smiley:

van harte welkom . your very welcome. your not the only dutch person here :smiley: im a fellow m.s. sufferer born and raised in zeist /holland. 41 yr young living in glasgow with my son and husband. got diagnosed in march this year with rrms , got a very bad relaps and spend 10 weeks in hospital. home now in wheelchair trying to get these legs to do what i would like them to do ( walk :roll: ) anyway this is a great place to talk and to get advice . as far as i know this is the only place where we van moan about things and we dont get told off :smiley: again welcome aboard , tina x. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bedankt voor de verwelkoming Tina, and thank you for welcoming me to everyone else too.

Hi Jos Welcome to the site; we are a happy bunch mpore or less with lots to say on any subject! I’m Clare from Birmingham and it is nice to meet you too! Clarexxx

Hello and welcome. Take Care Kaz :sunglasses:

hi there im from birkenhead i hope you are finding this site useful just to talk and let off steam when needed anyway hope all is well and you make some good friends xxx

Welcome Welcome Welcome V

Have no worries about joining in here. There really is no such being as a foreigner when someone is affected by MS. So far you have had replies from English people, Irish people, another Dutch person; I am a Scot [living in England and a Moderator of these forums]. We have Australians, Belgians, Americans and a whole host of other nationalities represented on the forums. MS doesn’t care where you live. Welcome Liz

efb wrote:

Have no worries about joining in here. There really is no such being as a foreigner when someone is affected by MS. So far you have had replies from English people, Irish people, another Dutch person; I am a Scot [living in England and a Moderator of these forums]. We have Australians, Belgians, Americans and a whole host of other nationalities represented on the forums. MS doesn’t care where you live. Welcome Liz

Hear hear! Welcome aboard Jos :smiley: Karen x (another Scot living in England)

Hello! We are just going through a transition between systems, so I hope that the issues will be fixed soon. My Dad’s brother and sister moved to Amsterdam thirty years ago, so I have quite a bit of family in Amsterdam and Almere now, and the numbers are increasing! Haha! But yes, it isn’t just UK people who like to post here, but that is one of the things I like about this forum. Welcome to the site. Tot ziens! Steffi

Hi, Welcome on board the the MS train. I am half Dutch (my mother is from Enschede) and unfortunately MS knows no boundaries. Yours, Rabbit Fan

Hello all Thank you for welcoming me. Just having a fight (a lot of Dutch ‘GGRRRRs’…) with documents at the moment, as you might all be familiar with because of your disability…, will be back soon!

know that feeling too well :lol: :lol: :lol: groetjes tina :slight_smile: