Hyper sensitive face :s

After having four months of a totally numb face, neck and scalp on the right side only, I now have the complete opposite and it actually hurts to touch my face, neck and scalp, it feels so bruised - again only on the right side! Its been like this for a couple of days now and the painkillers arent touching it at all. Anyone had this, and any suggestions how to ease it? Even the inside of my mouth hurts!

Think I just need to accept that I am falling apart :frowning:

Paula :smiley: xx

That sounds horrible

The recommended med for trigeminal neuralgia is carbamazepine - Iโ€™m not sure if your GP would let you try it, but itโ€™s got to be worth asking? (The trigeminal nerves control sensation on most of the head

Ice and heat can confuse the nerves enough to get some relief sometimes, so you could try them if the GP doesnโ€™t play ball?

Karen x

Thanks Karen

I am already on Carbamazapine (for past 3 months) so I probably need to up the dosage again. Neuro said to up it as and when I need to and I have only just reduced it as have felt a little better for the past couple of weeks.

Karen, you amaze me with your knowledge and I dont know what I would do without you :smiley:

Paula xx