How many have seen their MRI images?

I think it’s good having copies as that way I’ve always got a copy should something happen and it go missing at the hospital - wouldn’t surprise me with some hospitals! Also I find it useful when going from one hospital to a next and one consultant to a next

Thanks Chris. I really liked your video. The music was good too.

Shazzie xx

Good point Karina.

Shazzie xx

Sorry Hobs. Don’t know where I got Chris from!!

Shazzie

Was shown mine and it was pointed out where the lesions were. It meant nothing to me but I was told before the scan that the symptoms as good as suggested MS.

I’ve been called worse Shazzie

Looked like mouldy bread!!! I have a spotty brain!!! Only ever had one MRI on brain back in 2005 and decided that it I could still function fully with a brain that looked like swiss cheese then it can’t be to bad a thing!!!

I was shown mine a few weeks ago and to be honest I was quite shocked, I had loads of lesions on my brain and spine. As he was looking at them on the screen he was say “there’s one, there’s one, that’s one, that’s probably one, etc, etc, etc” - don’t know why but I thought I had a total of 4 but think I made that figure up myself!

Starting Avonex tonight but he thought I probably needed stronger but said that it may just be enough…

Hehehe Hobs!!!

Thanks Mr Grumpy, Lollypop with your swiss cheese brain hehehe and Tricky123 (Good luck with the Avonex).

Shazzie xx

Hi Shazzie, My Neuro showed me my Brain MRI but didn’t mention my spine at all, When pointed out the lesions I sort of panicked and thought they were tumours as I literally had no clue MS was what they looking for, My Neuro knew how much of wimp I am and when I asked what the different tests were for he just kept telling me “we are just doing tests to get to the bottom of your symptoms” I realise some people might of been angry with how vague he was being but I really didn’t need to know at that time…it was a long wait for diagnosis anyway didn’t need different possibilities hanging over my head, I’m a bit of a worrier as it is. Now I’ve almost come to terms with it I’d like to see the scans again have it explained to me properly…But I’ll probably forget to ask by the time I see him again!!! BeckyX

Hi Becky

Same as me then. I thought I had a brain tumour when I went into hospital for tests. I was sure that was what I had. MS didn’t even cross my mind.

I think I will ask to see them if they still have them when I next go.

Thanks for replying.

Shazzie xx

Hi there

i wrote a letter to my hospital asking for copys of all the MRIs that i have had and i paid to have them on a disc. now obviously i cant tell whats what with them, but seeing the images is really cool and in a way sad when you see the white spots etc. but its also a relief too that you can explain some things about MS. i think i paid £15 pound but when i saw a MS nurse i did say that i hadnt had these explained to me and she requested that a MS neurologist see me and explain the MRIs to me on screen which did happen and i was soo grateful that it almost gives you a sense of calm?!!?!?!?

so in short, write to the hospital that you had the MRI and ask.

thanks

Joolyx

After my first MRI I saw mine, I’m a veterinary nurse and he said to me, “your medically minded so it’s easier to show you” and wizzed round the computer screen without delay. This was years before ms diagnosis. I’m glad iv seen them because each time I would tend to see a different person and the service I got was pretty shocking to be fair so for myself I could compare each time and point out new lesions to them!

I’ve had 3 MRI’s but only have the disc for the first one. I can actually see the lesions in my brain as they are quite large.

Thanks Jooly and Madmadge for replying. I get what you say Jooly about a feeling of calm. I imagine it is good to see what they see before the d/x.

I know what you say about seeing a different person each time. It’s a bit like that for me to be honest and I think I would like to see the spots that they have seen.

Thanks agai.

Shazzie xx

Never seen mine. Both the diagnosing hospital and the prescribing hospital could not call them up on screen the year I was diagnosed. I have asked since to see them out of curiosity but again, for some reason, they would not come up on screen.

Tracey

I never got to see mine, I’d love to have a look, I was told I also have a lot of debris floating around in my skull, which made my dad happy because it prooved he was right when he said my head’s full of s**t !!!

I have all my MRI’s on disk I can veiw them on my computer I have about 8 or 9 of them they go back to September 2006 when I was diagnosed I had so many cause my MS was very aggressive they thought something else was going on everyone I had kept showing more lesions till I started Tysabri In August 2008 (5 years this month) I have an MRI every year now I’m on Tysabri before I started Tysabri I had about 14 lesions and every MRI while on Tysabri showed less lesions then the one before last count I was down to about 3 or 4 lesions its been like that the last couple of years I’m more than happy my MS is now stable and I’ve been relapse free for 5 years before that I was relapsing every 4 or 5 weeks :frowning: I got all my MRI disk by aplying to the Information Goverenance Office you could get copies of all your medical records right back to the day you where born if you wanted lol I can’t remember what they cost but its not that much all my MRI disks and MRI reports just cost me £10 :slight_smile:

Oh Tracey. That is really bad that they can’t find them.

Don’t suppose you can do much about it though eh? Annoying though.

Shazzie xx