How many Children?

Slight off topic. Is regular cystitis a symptom of MS? I suffered terribly with this before my pregnancies but have been fine since I had the kids. Strange how things you just accept at the time (we were busy trying, my mum said cystitis was the ‘honeymoon’ illness and my GP seemed to agree) could turn out to be related to this delightful condition. Hope the irony is clear! xx

Hi I have 2 children. 1 is 5 an the othe is 13 months . BBoth several years after diagnosis. I is hard work bbut wouldn’t change my decision. I breastfed bot of tthem and both have multivitamin every da to help mminimise any risk of them getting. I thought lon and hard about hhaving another but have a supportive famil and hhusband without them I would struggle. Like my ms nurse sai t me you don’t hav to b abl to wwal to be a great mummy! Good luck with your decision as I know it’s very hard X

Question for Chopper - are you a man or a woman? Makes a big difference!

I have a set of twin boys, 16 years old , 17 on January 1st. I was dx in 2004. It’s a little different for me, we adopted them when they were 7 days old from Okinawa, Japan when we were stationed there. So I don’t have any worries about passing MS along to them, just the normal teenage worries lol Greg

Hi annelda72 - UTIs are very common in MS I’m afraid. Many of us suffer from them! Perhaps you need to be referred to a continence nurse or consultant to get some help for this. They can be very debilitating and make you feel really rough. They also have a tendency to worsen MS symptoms whilst you are having one! Hth, Teresa xx