How did you react to vaccines before starting DMTs?

Hi, did anyone else out there have ME (CFS) before developing MS? I’m told I need vaccinations before starting DMTs but I’m anxious about this as, given my long history of ME/CFS, I don’t react well to vaccines eg covid ones set me back 2-3 weeks. Anyone got any advice or been in a similar situation? Just how important are all these vaccinations before starting DMTs?

Although uncomfortable at the time, being set back 2-3 weeks is not a big deal in the long-term. Slowing down MS is much more important. As I understand it, it is important to have the vaccinations before starting some of the DMTs because of the effect of the DMT on immune response.

Do talk to your medical providers about your concerns. They should be able to answer your questions. Do you have an MS nurse?

Yes there is one here in Spain and you’re right. They are starting me on an initial drug on Monday that doesn’t require vax then I will have just 4 spread out before we possibly change from Tecfidera to ocrelizumab. Where do they find these names?!