holiday headache

Hi everyone

Is it just me or is planning a holiday a nightmare now?

Don’t get me wrong I love holidays, but now all I think about is should I take the scooter or wheelchair. If scooter will charge last if chair someone will have to push me.

Will it be a shower over the bath? (no good) will there be enough room? Will. be able to get in the bed?

Once I start I just fill with dred at the thought of being a burden. Letting my family down and always putting a negative on it!

I would just like to get away to a fun place with lots to do. Have great accommodation. And without costing the earth is it possible?

Your input would be great :slight_smile:

I agree it is a nightmare. My tip is to look for booking sites that allow you to sort choices for wheelchair or elder access (click advanced search). This sifts out the Impossibles. I then usually follow a link to the cottage/hotels own website and look for the access statement which should give a good description of what’s available. If you fancy a trip to Wales the ‘visit wales’ website has an accessibility tab for all of its accommodation. Sandy

[quote=“MangoPlum”] I agree it is a nightmare. My tip is to look for booking sites that allow you to sort choices for wheelchair or elder access (click advanced search). This sifts out the Impossibles. I then usually follow a link to the cottage/hotels own website and look for the access statement which should give a good description of what’s available. If you fancy a trip to Wales the ‘visit wales’ website has an accessibility tab for all of its accommodation. Sandy [/quote] Another plug for Wales - the Caldey adapted cabins at the bluestone resort are great and prices not as high as some parcs.

Hi, recently had my first holiday tailored to disability.

For years we had lovely motorhomes, but I kept falling out of them…and finding the bed and shower not suitable anymore…bespoke motorhomes cost around 50k…ouch, I know!

So in May, 2 carers and me went to stay at a hotel in Blackpool, which had all the kit I have at home. It was great.

In September, the 3 of us are going to a specially adapted caravan on a haven holiday park in Filey.

Hubby doesnt fancy these places, so he`s taking himself off, in the campervan for a few days, with our doggy.

If you google disabled holidays…you`ll get several ideas.

About your scooter and it`s charge…just take the charger with you…I do!

luv Pollx

Hi there, I’m still searching for something too, I keep dipping my toe in, then pulling back out again, but gonna have to grab the bull by the horns n go for something! Poll, I saw u mention your carers going, that sounds a great idea if hubby wants to go solo with something!