Hip replacement

Hello I haven’t used this before.I have SPMS and have had a fall that broke my hip. The surgeon said the MS gives added complications to a hip replacement and it is possible to walk without a hip! Does anyone know what is the best I walked with a walker inside and a wheelchair outside?

That doesn’t sound very helpful at all. Has he actually suggested you don’t have the hip replaced, or has just suggested it as an option. If it were me I’d want to know what the complications might be. I’d want to know which was the best option for maintaining as much mobility as possible. Is he concerned that you are not mobile enough to recover from the hip operation sufficiently?

I think you need further discussions with him so your concerns are properly addressed and answered, and you feel that you make the right choice for yourself.

All the best.

Thank you. I think the fact that the hip break is on my weak leg side and I often fall.looking at the research it suggests 20%of Ms ops are improvement but I can’t find what stage of MS they are at?