Hi !

Hi
I am currently undiagnosed and I won’t bore you with all my woes, I’m sure you’ve heard all the symptoms under the sun by now.

What I would say, in my quest for trying to understand what has been happening to my body, I came across this forum.

It has been so helpful, in understanding what I am/am not going through but also, so enlightening as to how you all find strength and cope.

I didn’t know much about MS before, but now, I do and if it turns out I don’t have MS, if nothing, I will always be so much more understanding and supportive towards MS causes.

Thankyou :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome, Fizzyfeet! If you’ve been reading the forum posts then you’ll understand that I also add that I hope you don’t have to stick around. May your problems all be just a pinched nerve that heals itself!

Regardless of your eventual diagnosis, I’m glad the forum’s been of help to you. I think sometimes what we all need most is just someone to say it’s okay to have unexplained health problems and that you’re not alone.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that whatever is diagnosed is manageable.
All the best
M

1 Like

Very nice post Fizzyfeet. Welcome to the forum.

You are right, of course we’ve read many posts from people scared they may have MS, and even more frightened they could have something worse!

It doesn’t really matter how many times we read the same things. MS is different for everybody and each scared person wants us to know what they’re experiencing and ask ‘does it sound like …’. Which we can’t really answer. But we try to explain why it’s impossible.

So you wouldn’t be ‘boring us’, we’d be understanding that any individual wants to spell out their symptoms, sometimes just as a means of getting their heads round what’s happening for them.

I second Mick (Mogace)‘s wish that whatever you have wrong, it’s manageable.

You are welcome to ask questions as they occur for you, we do appreciate that your experience is new and individual.

Your last comment that you are glad to understand more about MS is lovely. Thank you, on behalf of all us MSers.

Sue

1 Like

I would second this.

I’ve not discussed my worries with friends or family and have found the forum reassuring and supportive. Thanks to all those involved.

1 Like

Thanks Sue,

I think scrolling through the forums I’ve pretty much found all my symptoms and it certainly fits but as I also know, there are so many conditions it could be.

I think my fear is either a tumor or limbo. However, if either of those arise, I know I can deal with it. Especially after reading through the forum!

While we are here, one thing I am having trouble with is the worsening of symptoms as the day goes on.

Do you just rest as soon as they start to stop them getting worse or do you carry on ? I’ve been resting which has certainly helped ( my relaxing hot baths are now out the window !)

I am self employed so toying with the idea of just rearranging my work for the morning through to about 2, which is when everything seems to go to mush !

I agree, from reading the posts it looks like limboland is a common theme and I guess a test of one’s ability to cope with worry.

I’ve been through many situations where I’ve learnt to hone my skills in this ! Still, I am only human and I believe that to be educated and forewarned of what may or may not happen is a good thing.

I had an MRI last week and see the neurologist again next week but I know from reading posts that this may not always be the end of the diagnosis, indeed for some, they may never get a substantial diagnosis for the issues they have.

Reading the posts has helped me to realise that my weird (and debilitating at times)symptoms are actually more common than I thought and that’s made it a little easier to deal with.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Sorry I didn’t realise I’d posted my second response anonymously!

what a lovely thing to say.

I love your name Fizzy feet, been there done that lol. goes along side the fizzy legs.

I hate it when people find us when they are undiagnosed as I know how worried you are i was.

I know a lot of people come on here seeking answers but sometimes we get the odd one who is prepared to hear it isnt, but will take away from the experience an understand of how MS affects so many of us.

sending you a big hugs. I hope either way you find your answers and can have a long and happy life xx

1 Like

Thankyou Crazy Chick!

Yes, fizzy feet, fizzy legs, fizzy fingers !

And some weird buzzing feeling in the whole body ! Xx

1 Like

Hello again Fizzyfeet

What you may be suffering from is fatigue. This could account for your feeling worse the longer you carry on working and better if you stop and rest.

Real fatigue is different to ordinary ‘feeling tired’ and needing a break. It can be a bone deep utter weariness that saps all energy. It can make other symptoms you experience far worse. MS isn’t the only disease that can cause this kind of fatigue but it certainly is very common to MSers.

Have a look at Fatigue | MS Trust It isn’t presupposing an MS diagnosis, but could help regardless.

Sue

2 Likes

Fizzy, I think that altering your schedule would be the best thing right now, but whether to stop and rest or keep going is entirely up to you. For me, I’ve discovered that once I stop, I can’t get started again, so it all depends on what I’m trying to do that day as to whether or not I keep going.

1 Like

i call it my lemonade syndrome lol. feels like a bottle of lemonade when you shake it lol. xxx have you had your B12 checked? but yes i get fizzy legs drives me mad. xxxxx

1 Like

Yes I’ve had a lot of bloods done, all vits levels are good so is thyroid levels

Unfortunately, if it were just the fizzy feet and hands, I could cope ( I had drop foot 8 years ago so used to that feeling)

It’s the rest of the issues that I’m getting that are making me feel ill, the tiredness, the dizziness and nausea and the muscle cramps.

If i try and do anything complex, my mind can’t quite compute and then I get the vertigo back and have to go to bed.

I’ve been in bed a lot! And I work for myself so taking a day off is normally not an option!

Hey ho xx