Help!!! Burning feet & legs at night

I find swearing a lot very loudly helps me, I have a variety for each level of pain, itchy, hot, crawling, achey particular torture that might come at night. I have special words for first thing in the morning when my foot won’t work but I can feel the skin burning. Usually a phrase of two words, following by tea and pills.

Big words and big pills I hope Hebe?

Sue

I feel for you, neuropathic leg pain is horrific. I rarely sleep through it & have been on every medication known to man trying to calm it a little. I have been put forward for a spinal stimulation implant, although it is very invasive. I do get relief from a drug, although it is not legal. It’s certainly not for everyone, but Cannabis is the only thing that helps me. I don’t take it all the time, the pain has to be pretty unbearable, but it certainly helps my discomfort. I don’t smoke it, I vape it. As I have stated, it is not for everyone, but sorts me out. Hope you find something that works x

Hi

I have neuropathic pain in my feet and I totally understand your reluctance to take any drugs. I was very reluctant and struggled for months with very painful feet. I eventually decided to try amitripyline and it has helped me so much.

My feet are much less painful and an added bonus is I take it at night and sleep really well which I previously did not.

I built the dose up gradually and the only side effect I get is a dry mouth in the morning.

I hope you find something that helps you as being in pain is really horrible.

xx

Hello I was advised by my rehab neurologist, to take Amitriptyline by about 8pm in the evening rather than just before bed. This gives it longer to leave your system and does away with any dry mouth or groggy feeling in the morning. It works. (You may already do this for all I know!) Sue

Thanks Sue

I usually take it between 8 and 9 o clock. I never feel groggy in the morning. It’s just the dry mouth which actually isn’t as dry as it used to be. I keep some water by my bed and drink that as soon as I wake up. Maybe I will try taking it about 7.30 and see if that makes a difference :slight_smile:

xx

I first developed burning feet 2 years ago after having no pain with MS for 35 years. I have only 1 burning foot and leg at a time and the other is stone cold. it will be that way for about three days then the other foot gets a shot of being in hellfire. I take GABA 300 X3 and a just TRAMADOL 50 mg, at bedtime and 1 tramadol if I wake up during the night. I also take a full aspirin 3 times a day which beats the fatigue. I have no side effects amazingly, thanks God after 1 year on all these tabs and would not be able to get out at all or have friends and family in without them. The intense heat is highly visable on my feet and legs and my skin peels and cracks too with the burning. I use fans,most days, water sprays when out and wear cooling menthol creams 2% every day. When out too,I cover my feet and legs in baby zinc and castor oil cream mixed with vaseline to heal the cracks and make my skin watertight then I put on wet knee socks which I spray regularly when I get a flare. Without the vaseline,to protect my skin from the wetness, I would get damaged skin prone to ulcers. I go to sleep with calamine lotion applied by a man’s saving brush over my feet and legs with a little talc to thicken it and i sleep on a towel. My hot foot and leg is over the bedside and the cool one on top and I sleep with my side of the downie turned way up at the corner n my side.

as well as the burning feet, my legs are agony in the cold.

just walking down the freezer aisle in tesco makes me want to get back in my bed.

you couldn’t make it up really.

2-3 times a week I get burning sensations on my knees where also I have some psoriasis. In the eve when indoors I slip into shorts and rub a good moisturizer into my knees. Recently been using one with a coconut oil base bought over the counter. I also have very hard skin on my feet especially around my heels where I also apply. Seems to help with both but not sure if it is rubbing affect that is beneficial for my knees. Agree the burning sensations are a real pain. Regards