Hello, been hiding in the shadows

Hi, I’m Sarah, diagnosed Mar2020, trying to get used to what is what. I’ve been quite upbeat so far, partly because I have some heavy duty Meds for Anxiety and partly because Ive not got hyperchondria!
But this last fortnight I’ve been trying to do my PIP renewal, adding MS for the first time and got myself in a bit of a sorry state, panic attacks and MS flare up, don’t know what to do with myself. So thought I’d reach out to some people who could tell me something funny, or help me not feel so sorry for myself. Or slightly less selfishly, maybe I could join a discussion to do something proactive :slightly_smiling_face:

If there were a good time to be diagnosed with MS, March 2020 would not have been it! That must’ve been a very difficult time for you.

You’re not the first person to be left feeling like pants on account of having to state the cold hard facts of how hard life is when making your case for assistance. I’m sure there’s many a person who didn’t even realise how much trouble she was in until she had to write it down! Never mind, it has to be done, and I hope the painful effort proves worth your while. Your condition is not one jot better or worse than it was before you started filling in the form, so put it behind you as soon as you can. It’s just part of the tedious admin of having MS, so try not to take it too personally.

I am sorry that you have joined the club that no one wants to be in, but I hope that you find good support and fellowship on here too.
Alison

1 Like

I’m glad you have good meds and got a diagnosis in spite of them. Had a doctor years ago who told me I was anxious and that was my only problem. He was an idiot, but I halfway believed him.

I can’t think of anything funny, but on a good note I was able to drive my son to his neurologist appointment this afternoon! I rarely drive any more, but today was a good day for me, in spite of a terrible heatwave.

1 Like