has anyone taken siponimod

hi i have now been diagnosed with secondary progressive ms and have been asked if i would like to take the above drug
janie 54

Hi Janie, I have posted this same question, as I am supposed to starting Siponimod on August 23rd provided the nurse coming out next week, to do some checks and take some blood, finds everything ok? I had RRMS for 16 years and have detreated significantly over the last year. I’m 58. Please let me know if you start it and how you get on - I will do the same with you.
Good Luck, (It’s scary after 6 years injecting and the last 10 on Tecfiedra,) but needs must I guess.
Debs1

Sorry, not sure if I responded correctly before or whether my post is awaiting posting. just in case debs I have similar history to you , rrms and now after 17 years have moved to secondary progressive. Am awaiting to see if I can take siponimod and if I will go ahead. Have you had any advice on side effects or efficacy of the drug. Will definitely keep in touch
Janie

Thanks debs
I am the same had RRMS for 17 years and now , like you, have deteriorated and have secondary progressive. Will certainly keep in touch and like you have to have the checks first if I decide to go ahead. Have you had discussions with anyone reference side effects and efficacy of the drug?
Janie

Morning Janie, The only chat I’ve had with anyone regarding Siponimod is my consultant who was very ‘I’m changing your drugs as you have deteriorated’, and pointed out that if I wasn’t already taking medication would have even been offered it, then the MS nurse who in fairness answered what questions I could remember (Iwas in a bit of a haze still when I saw her) but the booklets she gave me were as much information as i have, like you I’m having trouble finding anyone who is already on it.
I do know the percentage of it holding back advancement of the disease aren’t necessarily great, but I guess its better than none!
I have the nurse coming to do the bloods and checks next week, I’ll let you know the outcome.
Take care Debs

Thanks so much debs, yes please let me know how you get on. I am trying to find a dmd doctor to chat over. If I find one and get any further information, will let you know. All the best, take care and hope all goes well with the bloods.
Janie