Hand parasthesia

Hello, just looking for some support please. I’m feeling pretty low, I’m used to having numb hands at night which I then recover from. But now half of my left hand is numb and I have lost a lot of strength. Anyone been through something similar?

1 Like

Hi Loublou, yeh, after losing all leg mobility for 20 years, my left hand is joining the party. It has become increasingly weak over the last 2 years.

It goes into a fist, if I ignore it. I have to stretch my fingers out and press them to my leg or they curl up again.

There is no pain or numbness. I have been told my PPMS is on the move!

Boudsx

1 Like

Things going the matter with hands are horrid and also a nuisance. I have impaired feeling in both hands and not much fine sensation in the outer half of either hand, and I never really get used to it although it has been like that for many years. Not that I was ever an expert needlewoman, but now I can’t even sew on a button, and my handwriting looks as if I’m 6. I am sorry that you are struggling too.

As ever, if something new is happening, I think you need proper medical advice.
If you think you

2 Likes

Hello, yes my hand issues are both my outside of my hands, so my little and ring fingers and that part of my hands. I’ve just finished a course of high dose steroids and that wasn’t fun. I’ve got an MRI of my brain soon. Take care xx

1 Like

I hope that the steroids do the trick. They’re not fun to take, but sometimes nothing else will do. I always think of high-dose steroids for a relapse being like calling the in the army to quell a civil disturbance: they’ll do a job for you - no question - but don’t expect it to be pretty!

1 Like

Thank you, I got through it ok in the end after spending half an hour staring at one point on the carpet. It’s not easy. Hoping for some relief soon.

1 Like

Hello all, thank you for your replies. After what has been an absolute rollercoaster of symptoms and emotions I feel like the steroids are starting to work. They are horrible to take but sometimes it has to get worse to get better xx

1 Like