Sorry, but just need to let off a little steam after speaking to the neuro’s secretary!
Around October last year, my neuro referred be for a LP (only had one MRI at this time so was still un dx’d). I called the secretary after a few weeks and was told they were waiting for the hospital to release funding and to call back, which I did in November to be told the same thing.
When I called at the beginning of December I was told that funding was approved and I would hear within the next week or two.
In January, I was told that they no longer had anyone to perform them at the hospital and would I call back in February.
When I called in February I was told that they still didn’t have anyone but if I wanted to go to a different hospital I would need to be referred again by my neuro and decided to ask him for this at my appointment in March.
In March, neuro decided to instead send me for another MRI and in June I was given my MS dx and told that it was either ‘very mild’ or PP but wouldn’t send me for LP at that point as I was going for other tests and he didn’t want to overload me, which is fair enough.
Last month he referred me for LP, anti NMO bloods and spinal MRI ‘as soon as possible’ as suspected PP and having just spoken to his secretary, it seems that they are, once again, waiting for authorisation for funding.
Graaah! Sorry, just needed to vent my frustration at being stuck in this time loop and I know you’ve probably heard it all before so no replies required (although sympathetic mutterings are always appreciated). Was really hoping this could be sorted in time for my impending DLA renewal…