Good day in Frodsham

It’s a beautiful sunny day in Frodsham…I’m so glad the rain has stopped. Frazer is fed up of smelling of wet dog! although he does look cute when his fur goes all curly. Wev’e just come back from a morning in Frodsham they had an Artisian fayre on… the tables with all the homemade cakes and bread were quite low…all within sniffing and tasting …Frazer loved it but i was a bit alarmed i had to make a quick exit before temptation got the better of him…oh the joys of having an assistance dog …he’s gorgeous, but does have a cheeky side to him,… he’s got such melt your heart brown eyes…it always makes me laugh when people stop and ask me…" What does he do for you? " …he sits there lapping it all up, they are waiting for me to tell them all the wonderful things that he does, like emptying the washing machine and picking up tins off the supermarket shelf… yes he does all of that but so much more,… he’s my very best friend and always makes me laugh even on my saddest days, on the days that no one else sees my sadness or anxiety through my smile, he knows and he’ll put his head on my knee and look up at me as if to say " its okay mum i’m here "

Michelle x

2 Likes

awwww thats so lovely Michelle,Frazers such a lovley dog,hes sounds a real tonic for you.We all need a Frazer in our lives.

J x

2 Likes

Now that’s a good dog. I spend a lot of time at home on my own with Seymour, the three-legged cat. He just never leaves my side. Brilliant therapy.

Best wishes, Steve x.

1 Like

Thanks Jackie, yeah definitely, we all need a little animal to love.

I hope that you are okay, I think about you and hope that your little granddaughter and your daughter are getting lots of support.

Michelle x

2 Likes

Aww thats lovely Steve…Good old Seymour! its all the good endorphins that we get from the cuddles isn’t it.

Michelle x

2 Likes

In March last year, we had to make that unthinkable decision to let our beloved toy poodle, Lucy, go. She was in her 16th year and was really ill.

Before that she was the most wonderful companion anyone could have. She was with us, when my problems began, so she knew me through all the stages. She knew when I was up or down and acted accordingly, to cheer me, or just to say Im here mum. Lets cuddle.` If hubby was in the garden and I needed him, Lucy knew and barked in such a way to let him know.

Lucy was our 4th poodle and we loved her so much. When we lost her, I said she was our last pet. I felt we were too old to start again with a pup and we didn`t think a rescue dog would work for us, although we know lots of folk who do it.

3 weeks after our loss and constant heartache, I broke down and told hubby I couldn`t continue without a dog.

He felt the same and we began searching for yet another toy poodle. They are so loyal, loving and cute!

I found Sophie needing a home at the same breeder where we found Lucy!!!

We`ve had her just over a year now and the love we have is inexplicable. Only other dog lovers can understand.

Sophie mended my broken heart.

I`ve drifted a long way from your post, Michellle…I know where Frodsham is…if it is the Cheshire one…we used to camp in Delamere forest…a lovely area.

Its lovely in west yorkshire today too.

pollxx

2 Likes

Like all of you, the bond between me and my little yorkie Alfie is unmeasurable, and like you Polll, when our little one (before Alfie) passed away, I never thought I would have another, even though we had always had a dog.

I was completely lost when Ozzie past, and my heart melted when I first saw Alfie, and the rest is history.

Pam x

1 Like

sent you a PM Michelle,didnt want to hijack your post with my misery lol.

J x

Give Frazer a big hug from Margate and describe a big bone to him a nice marrow bone.

From a bright and sunny Margate, at least it was earlier it’s dark now but bright and sunny sounds nicer…

XXX Don

3 Likes