Forum

Forum issue- failure of return key

Mods- Just to report that I am experiencing the same issues with using the return key that Pat has mentioned several times on this forum.

I am using an iPad. On tapping return, the cursor moves back to the beginning of the post.

However (try it, Pat) I find that I can then place the cursor on the new line where I wanted to be, so it is only an inconvenience, it doesn’t actually stop me beginning a new para.

Will check if my Vista laptop exhibits the same behaviour.

Kev

1 Like

I’m having the same problem, I have tried using Chrome instead of Safari and that doesn’t make any difference.

Kev have you had any problems with your screen freezing?

I have been in touch with Steph, they are trying to solve it.

Jan x

1 Like

Thanks Kev- sorry for the annoyance. We’re looking into it- and the other bugs. Appreciate your patience.

Stewart (admin)

Hi both,

We have tested on an iPad1 using Safari and we do get a short amount of screen freeze before being able to write a post, but that could be an issue with our wifi connection here.

We did not experience the cursor issue. Can you let me know which version of iPad you have?

Thanks,

Steph (admin)

Hi, well I tried to post earlier on this thread… on ipad … and it froze. It’s not my wifi as I have also been chatting on another site…

I’ve only managed to drop down to this line by touching the screen to use the curser… (thanks for that tip Kev)… If I use return button it goes back to the beginning of post.

Pat xx

1 Like

PS ipad 2.

Pat xx

1 Like

I have no idea what number should come after my iPad

Jan x

Hi,

You can find which version on iPad you have by looking on the back. We’re pretty certain this an issue with iPad2 and above. Those with an iPad running on ios7 do not seem to experience the cursor issue.

We are speaking to the developers about a possible workaround, but unfortunately not all software is compatible with all devices. It is starting to look like the latest forum update may not like ios8, (or the other way round) we’ll keep you posted.

It would be interesting to know how the forum performs on an android tablet. Does anyone out there have one?

Many thanks,

Steph (admin)

1 Like

Thanks Steph.

Pat xx (another tip… you can move the curser down by using the down button on keyboard).

1 Like

Hi guys,

my return key is working but I still don’t have caps at the start of a sentence … I use an iPad Air which is model number

A1475.

I do have problems however with the screen freezing

​Nina.

1 Like

I can’t see the writing on the back of my iPad but I will ask my son when I see him

I have recently updated ios8.

Jan x

1 Like

Hi Guys the same thing is happening on my iPad as well, I am using iPad 5 Air.

Deborah

1 Like

I have trouble loading a reply on my kindle I have to click submit a few times and the thing loads

1 Like

I am reliably informed I’m using and iPad 4

Screen is still freezing if I have to delete some text so I plan to copy everything first if I need to delete.

Jan x

1 Like