Flu like symptoms

Hi Emma

Sorry I’m at work so popping on here very quickly so sorry if I’m repeating myself or anything… Have a search on the site for LDN (Low dose naltrexone) as I can’t find my last post in a hurry. It is something a few of us take and some with rrms take it too - Whammel knows lots about it but there is a LDN trust website and it’s very informative.

I can’t get it from my GP but I’m going to ask my gastroenterologist and if that fails, my neuro - it’s a perfectly legal drug but not signed off for MS - there’s a compounding pharmacy in Liverpool (Dicksons) and they have some stuff on their website too.

It’s not a cure but there’s no way I’d stop taking it now!

Sonia x

Hi Emma.

I know that when I’ve done too much (which is not much these days) my throat becomes sore, my nose starts to run and the glands under my neck are painful. I’m very lucky with my neuro as he’s not sure if I have PPor RR so he has put me on DMDs. I start to wonder f I’m coming down with a cold but once I’ve rested I’m ok and I very rarely ever come down with a proper cold, flue or infection (last infections were kidney (ouch) 2001 and chest 2002. Benefits of an overactive immune system?

Mags xx

Hi Emma,

Lots of very good advice here already, so I don’t have much to add other than WELCOME! and yes, do drink plenty of plain water throughout the day, it will help with fatigue. I take Vit. D3 from Healthy Origins and it’s cheap on Amazon, 5,000IU a day, this dosage was recommended at the MS Research Day earlier this year by one of the top neurologists in the country, so I trust him! I would add also that exercise is great for combatting both fatigue and infections. If you can do something each day by way of exercise - especially going for a walk if you’re still mobile enough - this is a big bonus, and it will also keep your spirits up because it releases the ‘happy chemicals’ into the brain.

So - all the best - and keep us updated with bulletins,

Chris