First 44mcg

Hi, about to do my first ‘full’ dose. Been suffering a bit since I went up to 22 mcg a couple of weeks ago. In fact I can’t remember the last time I woke up and felt okayish. Does anyone have any advice to minimise side effects? Doing it tonight because I don’t have work tomorrow, whereas I do on Tuesday. Muchas gracias, suz xx

I’ve been told to take ibuprofen or paracetamol just before or with the injection and then every 4 hours even if you don’t think you need it. I’ve yet to have a day I don’t need it :frowning: And since I went up to 44, it doesn’t really work :frowning: However, I can’t take ibuprofen and it’s supposed to be better than paracetamol. You could always try one of each too - it’s stronger than 2 of the same type and is safe. Or you could alternate ibuprofen and paracetamol, e.g. 2 ibuprofen at 8am, 2 paracetamol at 10am, 2 ibuprofen at 12pm, 2 paracetamol at 2pm, etc. But don’t take more than 8 of each in one 24 hour period. Tbh, even with this, if it stops another relapse for me like last year’s baddie, it’s worth it. Good luck! Karen x

I tricked the pineapple trick that’s supposed to help with Avonex so I figured I’d give it a shot with Rebif too. Apparently fresh pineapple has a certain enzyme that supposedly helps your body absorb the interferon more easily. Whether it’s bs or not I don’t know. But as I titrated up from 8 to 44mg I would eat a good amount of fresh pineapple about an hour before injection. Then take 2 ibuprofen after injection and head to bed for the night. I’ve only experienced side effects on a couple of occasions since I began 10 months ago and they were when I had to get up really early the next morning after an injection. In summary I don’t know whether it was the pineapple, pills or sleeping off the worst side effects that did the trick, but hope it’s of some help to you :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I’m always on the ibuprofen and paracetemol :slight_smile: as for pineapple, I’ll try that next time, how random, lol. Suz xx