Fed up

Hello everyone!

I need to have a little rant :frowning: I am fed up with some people around me, it is mainly there lack of understanding about how tired I get and I always get challenged and they say thats not MS I take gabapentin too and that makes me tired so I am on the same levelā€¦ Sorry I get abit angry inside with the lack of understanding of it allā€¦

Sorry everyone I am sure you have been though the same so I would like to hear your thoughts x

Hello there,and I hope the weather is picking up a bit for you.When Iā€™ve tried to explain my fatigue,I have sometimes said,ā€œRemember your worst ever hangover and how tired you were,welcome to my world,and I havenā€™t touched a dropā€.

If anybody says that theyā€™ve never had a hangover tell them to try and stay awake for 24 hours,then clean the whole house.

Wb x

Hey Moogle - great name. Iā€™m with you on this one. Lack of understanding re fatigue. Itā€™s so annoying. Invisible symptoms are just so invisible. ! I really havenā€™t worked out how to help my husband understand that Iā€™m so damned tired when reslly with a normal non ms body I shouldnā€™t be. If that makes sense. So sorry no answer just understanding Hugs Min xx

Hiya

I know exactly what you mean about people not understanding. They just say ā€˜Oh Iā€™m tired all the time too!ā€™

My hospital does a course to help deal with fatigue and it explains the different types of fatigue we get (yes there are different types). The MS society does a little booklet about fatigue which is good and you can show it to the people youā€™re close to so that they can understand it a bit more. I got it and gave it to my partner and family to have a look at and they became more understanding once theyā€™d read it. It may be worth trying that.

Sue

x

we have to concentrate on the slightest thing, like standing up without falling

the signals donā€™t get through and that takes more energy for us

its just total pants

Hi, last week I went to a 2 hour meeting about care cuts and had to strain to hear and take in what was said. I had been sitting in wheelie a few hours prior to thatā€¦cinema and lunching.

Not much physical effort required, but i was totally shattered by the time I got to bedā€¦oh and i wet myself through not finding a right loo.

Folk must think, how can she be so tired, she`s done nowt!

Too exhausting to try to explain.

No exactly how you feel.

luv Pollx