Fed up!

Do they have a DP equivalent over there?

I hope so.

pollsx

Do they have a DP equivalent over there?

I hope so.

pollsx

My Neuro was happy enough knowing I was taking it. The THC (the stuff that makes you high) has been removed and you can’t overdose on it.

1 Like

I do get a disability allowance and hubby gets a carers payment.

Hi Pam sorry to hear you are struggling there ain’t much I can say that hasn’t already been said. Any time you want to rant or blow off steam do it here babe. We all whilst not knowing details can actually empathise with you.XXX Don

1 Like

Hi Pam,

I’m so sorry you’re struggling so…I’ve tried many times to get Sativex from the Gloucester Royal team with no luck!

I tried CBD oil from Amazon but I think as Poppy said it was a very low dose…I was recommended to a company called LoveCBD but I think having the recommendation from Poppy I’d go with CBD brothers.

I hope you can find something to help, sending you a big hug, thinking of you.

Take Care,

Love Nina x

1 Like

Thanks Don, this forum and the lovely people on here really is the best.

(((hugs)))

Pam X

1 Like

Hi Nina

Thanks, I think it would be easier finding a hen with teeth than getting Sativex from Glos Royal, but there we are.

I think I I’ll try cbd brothers, some one recommended starting on the white oil, and I understand they will send a small sample to try, but I can really understand why some buy the ‘proper’ stuff.

(((hugs))) back to you, take care.

Pam x

Hi Pam,

Really hoping today is better for you? I really think you should give the CBD a try, as long as you start on a low dose.

I have to admit to using the proper stuff… with Dr Martins approval…is he your neuro too? He told me he’s not allowed to recommend it but he would if he could as he believes it slows down progression as well as helping with pain, I don’t know about slowing progression but I do know how much it helps pain, it’s also calming which is nice

My husband makes chocolate with it…it’s just brilliant for muscles and muscle spasms.

Because I’ve used the real McCoy for years the CBD doesn’t work on me but I’d certainly start by trying a low dose…unfortunately it’s not like taking a tablet with instructions…you have to slowly find your own level.

Last time I went I saw a new guy, I think he was German…total waste of time! I won’t go back again unless I can see Dr Martin, I’ve been with him for so long and the new guy wanted to start all over again. I know there’s little they can do for us but nevertheless I feel much happier with Dr Martin.

Take care of yourself Pam,

with love, Nina xx

1 Like

Hi Nina

I don’t see the neuro, I can if I want but choose to see the ms nurse Richard or Lisa, both lovely and in all other ways really helpful. I used to see Dr Stevenson many moons ago and it was my decision not to keep going as there was nothing he could do, but he suggested to leave it open, if I want an appointment I only have to ask.

Considering I was a flower power child of the swinging sixties, nobody ever believes me when I say I never tried cannabis…but I honestly didnt, so I would think it best for me to try the milder cbd first.

Take care Nina

Pam X

I was a child of the sixties too! I didn’t touch the stuff until I was in my fifties to be honest I was terrified, thought it would turn me into an addict but the person who wanted me to try it was very very persistent she knew how much it would help me and she was right.

I said the same to Dr Martin because we know there’s little that can be done but like you I wanted to leave it open and he said I could phone his secretary anytime I felt that I needed to see him, goodness knows why they sent for me to see this new neurologist but I really felt it was a waste of everyone’s time!

I think you’re absolutely right to try a weaker strength CBD then gradually build it up until is helping you.

Take care Pam, I really hope you will soon feel brighter, thinking of you,

Love Nina x

1 Like

I have no issues with weed, I just know to many people who smoke it & they are the people that drive me loopy.

It’s the cure for everything apparently. So long as I buy it off the people perched outside my window every day.

Facebook or anywhere I go & the people I know. They say, I might as well use weed as an excuse why I can’t stand.

No matter where or what I do in this life. It always boils down to dealers of drugs.

We should all move to Amsterdam & go back to the 60’s. Let’s all vote Labour while we’re at it.

I know what the agenda is. Join the lemmings.

Ho a dandelion, must be the last one of the season.

Whatever works for you, it’s cool too. Like Ice Cream. Ya know wot I mean blood clot.

Is it cuz I iz white. Hite!

I’ll stick to my black current juice & ginger beer. Maybe I’ll get robbed again & soon.

Terry ​ (legalise weed posse, ASAP)

That’s it then Nina…we were the 2 in Gloucestershire in the sixties that didn’t try it!! Lol

Pam X

Hi Terry

I agree whatever works has got to be good, what works for one may not for another.

I live in a quiet area, and although drugs are obviously changing hands in our tiny town, hand on heart I have no idea where, or by whom.

Pam x

I passive toke, all day, every day & get all their rubbish. You could grow it in the kitchen window, add it to cakes & listen to some Bob. Bob Hope was more my cup of tea. It’s a sign of the times indeed. If people convince the government to legalise pot, I won’t have to be forced to put up with a constant ear ache & it can save the world economy too. Apparently.

People will still rob & steal. Nothing will get done as usual & babies can be hip. Breast feeding on golden globes.

I’ll shoot out the door & score. Maybe the pits will open too & we’ll all win the lottery.

It could cure MS too & save the millions in research. So we can all go on holiday to Jamaica.

I’ll be glad when this election is over. Save the NHS! I’ve got a Nissan Micra & want a Ferrari.

Whatever works Pam. Whatever works.

Terry

Update.

Well I had my appointment with Rheumy yesterday, and she wants me to stay on the Hydroxychloroquine for another two months to give it a chance to work, before she introduces more medication to take along side it. She has referred me to a podiatrist for pain in my feet to make some insoles, but how will that help when you only weight bear a little, time will tell I suppose. I must follow through with it, cos she is the expert in that field.

So there we have it…keep taking the damm tablets!

She suggested talking with GP about more pain meds, but I have decided I am going to see what he thinks about cbd, I have made my mind up, just want his blessing really.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Pam x

If you’ve decided to try the CBD. Get it from a chemist. Going to the Off Licence these days is dicing with death.

Is it the genuine product, or a printed label on some battery acid, driven from Dover. Carrying a few extra passengers.

Best regards Pam. Something will work out. Try to keep active & in a good mood.

Them Scholl Stockings look good for circulation issues.

Whatever genuinely helps you feel better. I might get some.

Terry

H Terry

I have been pointed towards cbd brothers web page and am doing research.

Funnily enough I got some of those compression stockings, but jeez they are difficult to put on!

Have a good weekend.

Pam x

Ive got very swollen feet that are painful, im in a wheelchair and have painfull legs generally. I take baclafen and pregabalin but i think i need something stronger, i have been taking these approximately 6 yrs,has anyone got similar problems.I was diagnosed with ppms 10yrs ago. I dont often write on here but i read the forum all the time.joxx

Hi Jo

Welcome, I wonder if compression stockings would help, either from the chemist or I think your GP can give a prescription, might be worth having a chat to see.

Also try having times where you elevate your legs, you maybe retaining fluid.

It maybe a case where you need to change th meds if your body has become used to them, again best to have a chat itch GP, ms nurse or neuro.

Hope it’s better for you soon, take care.

Pam x