Fatigue

Feeling pretty rubbish just now, I have RRMS and my main symptom is fatigue, havent had it for a few months and now had it for the past 3 weeks, have been excercising a lot since the new year and find it helps but the feeling of utter exhaustion at any given time of the day is so difficult to deal with, feel so down and on the verge of tears constantly and that is so not me

Sorry just neeeded to vent, have a happy weekend everyone

Hi!

Doesn’t it feel amazing to vent sometimes? I heartily recommend it!!

I know what you mean by the fatigue. I am desperately trying to keep my job (full time hours) but the fatigue side of things can strike at any time for example, yesterday it struck whilst I was looking in a filing cabinet at work. All of a sudden the ground came to meet me, the floor felt like it was rising and falling as though I was out at sea. I was left like that with the office scratchy, paperclip and crumb strewn carpet in closeup view for what felt like an eternity as my boss has strictly forbidden any of my colleagues to help me off the floor if I fall/collapse. So there I was, helpless like a turtle on it’s back with 4 pairs of eyes looking at me and muttering platitudes at me whilst we waited for an ambulance to arrive to simply get me off the floor.

I was brave enough to keep my temper, hold back my tears and accept the fact that my boss is scared of me and what MS can do. Ahhhh, that felt better!!

Have a good weekend, you are not alone in this xx

Asher

Hi!

Doesn’t it feel amazing to vent sometimes? I heartily recommend it!!

I know what you mean by the fatigue. I am desperately trying to keep my job (full time hours) but the fatigue side of things can strike at any time for example, yesterday it struck whilst I was looking in a filing cabinet at work. All of a sudden the ground came to meet me, the floor felt like it was rising and falling as though I was out at sea. I was left like that with the office scratchy, paperclip and crumb strewn carpet in closeup view for what felt like an eternity as my boss has strictly forbidden any of my colleagues to help me off the floor if I fall/collapse. So there I was, helpless like a turtle on it’s back with 4 pairs of eyes looking at me and muttering platitudes at me whilst we waited for an ambulance to arrive to simply get me off the floor.

I was brave enough to keep my temper, hold back my tears and accept the fact that my boss is scared of me and what MS can do. Ahhhh, that felt better!!

Have a good weekend, you are not alone in this xx

Asher

Hi I have RRMS and for me the fatigue is my worst symptom because when I feel so utterly exhausted it makes all the others more difficult to manage and yet on my good days, weeks I can have long periods of time when my ms does not affect my everyday living. my fatigue was greatly affected by a serious car accident I was involved in 4 years ago and sadly I have not regained the energy levels I once had These past few weeks have had me struggling some days but I have a beautiful greyhound who takes me for walks and once out I enjoy the fresh air and come back often tired but having left my psychological fatigue on the beach or by the lake we walk around. So he is my blessing and despite their size greyhounds do not require long walks so on my good days he takes me for a bracing walk and on my bad days a gentle short meander. There are few people who can begin to understand how bad our fatigue is, and that is one of the great bonuses of this forum, there are lots of people who do and don’ t mind anyone whinging cause we all whinge. I also totally support the chocolate treatment, works for me or half a packet of biscuits with a cuppa. Take care Big hugs everyone joy xx

Thanks for your replies everyone. I have 2 springer spaniels who thankfully like their home comforts but also like to get out and about, i’ve been playing squash regularly for the past 2 months, there’s days where i think i just cant do anything but once i get on the court i feel so much better, it’s just the horrible dragging feeling that i have nearly every day at the moment! I’m luck i dont have any other symptoms just now, hopefully away to start oxygen therapy soon so going by what everyone says i should be feeling better soon!

Nic xx