Forum

tiredness

Hi,

I get extremely tired i have had blood test done and they are okay,full blood count etc,

As anyone got any advise to what i can do or what this could be,i know ms does make you tired

thanks

what i think your describing is a form of fatigue. If it is ask for Amantadine or Modafili

There doesn't seem to be anything you can do. Just relax and try meditating - I used to do it with a tape. There doesn't seem to be any good 'fighting it' - Sound lazy, I know but even as a fairly regular sportsman, I had no choice - even if I wanted to. I've had MS for over 13 years (or it has had me!). If you find a solution, please let me know but I've given up and just try to relax. There is nothing - at least I haven't found anything! - but good luck.

Well firstly I would ask have you got any other symptoms that would point you to think it was MS?

Then I would say stress or boredom can make many of us feel tired.

Could you give a little more information please,are you having any spasms,tremors,stiffness etc.

hi,

i do get tremors of the legs but that is usually at night time and i have medication for that,and pins and needles from waist down.I work part time as well,the doctor has said try and exercise

thanks

Well I have MS and I get tremors at night.Well I get them in the day to.

Fatigue to me is like my whole body and soul have had enough they can no longer function,I do not drifft off to sleep I just crash out then wake up not knowing I have crashed out and feel so tired then crash out again,I often have partial or full body ridgidness and wake with pain.

A doctor normaly would not send you for any test such as MRI untill you have what we call several relapses.

BUT there are so many things that mimic MS such as Fibromyalgia that again as your symptoms are mild or you only have a few symptoms your doctor may not be concerned at the moment.

Excersis can help but it can also make symptoms worse,inactivity can cause similar problems.

I would sugest going to speak to your GP and tell them you are worried and could this be something like MS or another illness.

Then see if they order you to go for a MRI...

Charlie,x

Thanks charlie,

sorry i forgot to mention i have ms was diagnosed in 2010

nina x

Now you tell me ROFL....

Then fatigue is part of MS....

Exercis will make the fatigue worse or can cause your MS symptoms to get worse.Ask your doctor about medication to help you with this.Yes do some exercise but do not over do it.My fatigue can last all day and night and can be terribly draining.My every fiber of my body is drained.All I can do is crash on the sofa I have no choice,fighting it makes it worse.

If your symptoms get worse then maybe you need to up your meds or have a diffrent med.Do not suffer in silence and think they will ease soon,if your feeling poorley go and see your GP....

Your not lazy if you rest with fatigue you have no choice.Many will say do not fight it but rest.

Charlie,x

Hello Amy,

You may be suffering from a bladder infection as this can really leave you feeling washed out. It does with me, and lo and behold I had another uti, which I am being treated for. I hope that you soon start feeling more yourself.

Moira 

The fatigue is a killer, it's possibly the most frustrating bit of the whole thing.  I live on my own and have different "coping strategies" for different things (learned that phrase from an Occupational Health Dr).  I have a robot vacuum so I don't need to vacuum properly so often (I have 2 cats and a dog, the pet hair gets silly), when I cook, I do enough for a few meals, so there's less effort involved in feeding myself.  In general I am less houseproud than I used to be, things get done when I am able to do them rather than when they need done (drives me up the wall, but it's the only way).  I bought a mobility scooter so I can walk my dog further than the garden.  I pay somebody else to maintain my garden.  I have a trolley for inside the house so I can carry stuff from room to room.  I try not to do anything in the mornings so that I have time to get myself organised, it takes so much longer than it used to.

You will find your own ways of coping with things, it just takes time and a little imagination.

Luisa x

Hi,

So far as fatigue goes, I've now found after fighting it for ages that if I feel I need to rest, that's exactly what I do and then I wake up refreshed, still tired but not fatigued. So far as the tremours go I take clonazepam which I have found to be brilliant, only the odd ones during the day, but at night I sleep right through. Bliss.

Janet

x

amy

it's like that rabbit in the advert for batteries, i feel just like that almost most of the day.

fatigue is, to my mind, the most disabling symptom of all. ok pain and spasms are nasty but the fatigue ruins even the good days. when i first got my dx i decided that i would book things to look forward to, such as concert tickets. but now i find that after looking forward to something for weeks, i can't enjoy it because the fatigue ruins it.letdown

but we all need something to look forward to so i keep on booking things and trying to plan it so that i'm not too tired.

stone roses concert on the 30th so wish me luck!

carole xxx

Hi carole,

good luck wuth your concert on the 30th

Nina xx

[quote=“JellyBean”]

Now you tell me ROFL…

Then fatigue is part of MS…

Exercis will make the fatigue worse or can cause your MS symptoms to get worse.Ask your doctor about medication to help you with this.Yes do some exercise but do not over do it.My fatigue can last all day and night and can be terribly draining.My every fiber of my body is drained.All I can do is crash on the sofa I have no choice,fighting it makes it worse.

If your symptoms get worse then maybe you need to up your meds or have a diffrent med.Do not suffer in silence and think they will ease soon,if your feeling poorley go and see your GP…

Your not lazy if you rest with fatigue you have no choice.Many will say do not fight it but rest.

Charlie,x

[/quote] Thanks charlie

nina

Nina your very welcome....

Charlie,x

Fatigue varies from a mild day when I manage to do most of the things that I think I ought to be doing, to days like today when I feel I've been welded to the sofa.  Somedays even just getting in the shower wears me out, and I then have to make sure everyone is up and ready to go to school and get the baby up etc.  I am so miffed she no longer sleeps in the morning as I used to use that for a sneaky 40 winks.  I find there are a couple of different forms fatigue takes on, the daily low lying just feeling not right and washed out, and then the wall, when you are doing something (housework usually falls into this category) and the tiredness overwhelms you to the point that you just can't continue (usually at that point when everything looks worse than it did before you started).