Forum

DWP approval, how long is a piece of string....

Hi

Anyone had DLA recently approved/declined? Was wondering what their rough turnaround time is.

Only been 5 weeks since I submitted but already getting impatient! I know every case is different, every time the letterbox goes I am looking for that brown envelope, aarghhhh!

Already in receipt of dla but my needs have changed for the worse.

Cheers

Dan

Know how you feel… I had an ESA medical exactly 5 weeks ago and am still waiting for the brown envelope - I think my postie thinks I’m obsessed with him!
Did get 2 brown envelopes handed to me last week - opened them with trembling hands only to discover my drivers licence renewal forms and a horrible long DLA form as this is also up for renewal. So I guess I’m going to be obessed with brown envelopes and posties for months to come…
Cx

They were really quick with me. About 2 or 3 weeks.
They gave me high mobility and middle care indefinitely.
Think this might be to do with the fact I didn’t apply until 10 years after diagnosis.

Quote:

tay wrote:

Know how you feel… I had an ESA medical exactly 5 weeks ago and am still waiting for the brown envelope - I think my postie thinks I’m obsessed with him! Did get 2 brown envelopes handed to me last week - opened them with trembling hands only to discover my drivers licence renewal forms and a horrible long DLA form as this is also up for renewal. So I guess I’m going to be obessed with brown envelopes and posties for months to come… Cx

Just an update - I got a phone call from DWP today telling me that I have been placed into the ESA support group. This is a massive relief, as you can imagine… Not so worried about DLA and DVLA, so will be able to stop stalking the postie!!! Cx