Duloxetine?

Hi everyone, I hope you are all feeling OK!

I’m wondering if anyone is taking Duloxetine, I’d like to get your feelings about it as my neurologist has prescribed it for me for peripheral neuralgia and depression. I was all for taking something more than the Pregabalin I’m on at the moment when I was in her office but since getting home and having tried a bit of research about it I’ve found a few frightening posts so I’m now in a quandary as to whether to start it or not.

Loopy

I hated it. ugh it made me feel awful. I decided to go virginal and take nothing. when i saw the pain clinic the guy told me all the drugs for MS are designed to make us zombies lol and keep us tired and demotivated. My daughter is on pregabalin and is now coming down off it, as it is classified drug now. she is already finding she has more energy. If you are depressed though certain meds do help. Preglabin is a big drug and you will have 2 of the major ones. My daughter wishes she had never started it. its often prescribed for fibromyalgia. Anyway i hated duloxine it made me feel like hell. https://www.medicinenet.com/lyrica_pregabalin_vs_cymbalta_duloxetine/article.htm#what_is_lyrica_what_is_cymbalta

If you read the description they all cause FATIGUE which we have enough of anyway with MS.

I took Duloxetine with no side effects at all. I was taking it for nerve pain, unfortunately it didn’t do anything for that either.

Sarah

1 Like

Thanks for the replies peeps!

So sorry it messed you both up a bit, the more I think about it the more I’m going off the idea. Been reading a lot about this CBD oil and seriously thinking about buying some to try.

I don’t know what my MS nurse will have to say about it though yet, or my neurologist for that matter.

Love Linda

[quote=“Crazy Chick”]

I hated it. ugh it made me feel awful. I decided to go virginal and take nothing. when i saw the pain clinic the guy told me all the drugs for MS are designed to make us zombies lol and keep us tired and demotivated. My daughter is on pregabalin and is now coming down off it, as it is classified drug now. she is already finding she has more energy. If you are depressed though certain meds do help. Preglabin is a big drug and you will have 2 of the major ones. My daughter wishes she had never started it. its often prescribed for fibromyalgia. Anyway i hated duloxine it made me feel like hell. https://www.medicinenet.com/lyrica_pregabalin_vs_cymbalta_duloxetine/article.htm#what_is_lyrica_what_is_cymbalta

If you read the description they all cause FATIGUE which we have enough of anyway with MS.

[/quote] slightly OT - but what’s that thing sticking out of the top of your head o your avatar?

well i disagree if you read all the blurb on them it says may cause fatigue, tiredness and sleepiness i check them all. we have enough fatigue lol. even my doctor from the pain clinic told me that. he said they were designed to slow you right down.

actually was balancing an empty can of ginger beer on my head for a giggle, you know having a laugh lol.

all meds are different for everyone. if your depressed there are other things for that. i think its time the doctors got together and reviewed what they give MS patients as a lot of them are physch drugs and now my daughter is trying to get off preglabin and its a horrible journey for her. she was on it for a nerve damage in her stomach, and was slowly put on 600mg which is the highest she is struggling to come off it, and its not supposed to be addictive yeh right tell that to her.

i think a lot of these drugs are nasty and so many people with chronic illness are put on them and never checked. they are on a cocktail of drugs.

I take nothing for my nerve pain. You would be better off on cbd oil to be honest but if your depressed then perhaps you just need to talk to your GP about that.

I am so upset over it all as my daughter is in a mess now. she trusted the pain clinic. preglabin just doesnt work anymore and there is no more she can take she cant go up. she started on 20mg and eventually ended up on 600mg as it just stops working over time.

You are not forced to take anything. I dont i choose not too.