Forum

Direct Payments

I know I must ask my Council but first I thought I would ask if anybody here knows the answer:-

I am going to Tenerife from December to March (4 months). Does anyone know if you still get the Direct Payments or are they only payable only if you reside in the UK?

I can imagine different scenarios that might mean you keep or lose your payments, but if someone has definite knowledge about this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

George

I don’t know the answer but do you have to say your away? If its direct debit it will just go into your bank account anyway, I wouldn’t tell them, but that’s me. Julsiexx.

Thanks for that julsie; you have to have invoices so unless I forged some; possible but not my way; I’d have to give invoices from a care firm in Tenerife.

Thanks for the idea though.

George

Mmmm, I think you do have to tell them, as it is for a long time. Dunno what theyll say tho.

luv POllx

Hi, me again…will your carers be going with you? If not, how else will you be using the money?

luv Pollx

Hi Poll,

One of my carers are going for the first two weeks then flying back at the end to collect me.

Good old New Pathways had an article about a company who can arrange everything a disabled person wants; good old New Pathways. I know it sounds silly but the one thing I would like to do is look up at the sky to see it full of stars. You can do this in Tenerife; no light pollution supposedly beautiful near Mount Teide.

I’ll think of you while eating my Christmas dinner then go out and have a sunbath.

Mind you it’s the end of the world on the 21st December 2012; so I will have to get my sunbathing in before then; damn Mayan Calendar.

Georgexx