Dicky immune system

I’m not sure if this is going to make any sense, but I hope you will bear with me. I was first diagnosed with inflammation of the CNS 27 years ago. 15 years ago approximately, I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. Then, 11 years ago, both my parents died within 6 weeks of each other (both, independently and unexpectedly). 10 years ago, I started suffering with alopecia. It just seems to me that all of these factors seem to have two things in common - immune system & stress!! Just curiosity, but does anyone else have similar connections?

Hi,

This has been posted about recently, although I’ too lazy (actually too bleary, as I’ve just woken up, and not yet had my first coffee).

I’m sure the poster was Blossom, and it may or may not have been called just: “Research”. Or you may just want to use the search box, and search e.g. “thyroid”.

In a nutshell, yes, it appears there is a link - people with MS are more likely to have another immune problem, and thyroid and alopecia seem particularly high on the list!

Tina

x

1 Like

Hi there,

Maybe there is link - I suffered from enlarged spleen over the past few years which i think is linked to immune system.

Maybe immune system is acting funny :slight_smile: