DEAR ATOS - SEND YOUR MESSAGES TO ATOS!

DEAR ATOS…… send us your messages for AtosAction, All Posts, Atos 33 Responses »

Aug 122012

letter_writingOn Wednesday 29th August, as part of the Atos Games, Disabled People Against Cuts will deliver a coffin full of your messages to the Atos headquarters in central London.### Why? Because over 1,000 people have died after being found ‘fit for work’ by Atos. The coffin will be delivered as a memorial to them. A minute’s silence will also be held on the day.### Atos is a private company that’s being paid £300 million by the government to put 11,000 sick and disabled people a week through an inhumane testing programme, then decide whether they should have their benefits taken away.### We know the loss of disability benefits has a devastating effect on disabled people’s ability to live independently. We also know how de-humanising and degrading the process can be, and the stress and trauma it causes.### Atos has just been awarded contracts worth a further £400 million to carry out new eligibility assessments on people in receipt of Disability Living Allowance with a government target of reducing numbers claiming the benefit by 20%. This threatens the lives of many thousands more disabled people.### So here is your opportunity to tell those responsible for this outrage, in your own words, exactly what your experiences and feelings are.### We are asking you to send a short message to Atos, and we will fill our coffin with them. During the delivery of the coffin, a selection of messages will be read publicly.### Please make sure your messages:### •Include a name, initials or fake name, and a town or county.### •Do not include any information that you do not want to be made public.### •Express exactly how you feel.### You can send your messages by:### Email: mail@dpac.uk.net### Facebook: facebook.com/groups/DPAC2011### Twitter: @Dis_PPL_Protest### Please make sure you send your message by 6pm on Sunday 26th August.

Sending message now.

Will say how much I dread the postman coming cos I haven’t been assessed yet and am still on IB.

If I hear something heavy drop through the letter box I am actually scared!!! (huge relief when it turns out to be copy of Radio Times!).

Thanks for posting,

Pat x

I know what you mean, Pat. I’m still waiting for the letter tellling me if I have to go for a medical or not - terror every time I see a brown envelope! x

Sent a note in saying; if you’re sick this Government couldn’t care ATOS.

Thanks for your advice.

George

Perfectly put, George.

I wonder what Dpac’s plan is for reading the messages, as there’s a disclaimer saying “Don’t write anything you don’t want made public” x