***Credit card bill***Contains DEAD nuts***

Cancel your credit cards before you die
Reported in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle U.K. Recently:

A lady died this past September, and MBNA bank billed her in October and November for their annual service charges on her credit card, and then in December added late fees and interest on the monthly charge.

The balance that had been £0.00, now is somewhere around £60.00.

A family member placed a call to the MBNA Bank:

Family Member: ‘I am calling to tell you that my grandma died in September.’

MBNA: ‘But the account was never closed and so the late fees and charges still apply.’

Family Member: ‘Maybe, you should turn it over to your collections section.’

MBNA: ‘Since it is two months overdue, it already has been.’

Family Member: ‘So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?’

MBNA: ‘Either report her account to the Frauds Department or report her to The Credit bureau, maybe both!’

Family Member: ‘Do you think God will be mad at her?’

MBNA: ‘Excuse me?’

Family Member: ‘Did you just get what I was telling you . . The part about her being dead?’

MBNA: ‘Sir, you’ll have to speak to my supervisor.’

Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member: ‘I’m calling to tell you, she died in September.’

MBNA: ‘But the account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.’

Family Member: ‘You mean you want to collect from her estate?’

MBNA: (Stammer) ‘Are you her solicitor?’

Family Member: ‘No, I’m her grandson’

MBNA: ‘Could you fax us a death certificate?’

Family Member: ‘Sure.’

(Fax number is given )

After they get the fax:

MBNA: ‘Our system just isn’t set up for death. I don’t know what more I can do to help.’

Family Member: ‘Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I don’t think she will care.’

MBNA: ‘Well, the late fees and charges will still apply.’

Family Member: ‘Would you like her new billing address?’

MBNA: ‘That would help.’

Family Member: ‘Plot 1049.’ Heaton Cemetery, Heaton Road , Newcastle upon Tyne

MBNA: ‘But, that’s a cemetery!’

Family Member: ‘Well, what the f*** do you do with dead people on your planet?’
The MBNA were not available for comment when a reporter from the Newcastle Evening Chronicle rang them.

Excellent ! hee hee x

Have not stopped laughing yet.

Nice one.

Geoff

A bit like, “ the computer said no”.

Take care.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor.

Big grin from Moira

Lol Cheryl:)

Hazel,

This is so true - l have had friends who have gone through similar scenarios after the death of their spouses.

l went to see the film ‘The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel’ last week. lt starts with Judi Dench - after the demise of her OH -trying to sort something out over the phone. lt was a call centre in lndia - and they would only speak to the ‘bill payer’ who had been the dead husband. She tried and tried to get them to realise that he could not speak to them - but they did not take any notice. She then decides to go for a long holiday to lndia - to the Marigold Hotel. She finds the same call centre and gives them a ‘surprise’ visit - eventually ending up getting a job training the ‘operators’. This was just one of the storylines.

F.

Very good LOL

Janet x

We can laugh (and we do) but unfortunately this is all too true. I worked in a Nursing Home and one of our residents died suddenly but we were still getting cash for his care from the bank. I notified the bank that he was dead, could they please stop sending the money. I notified his solicitor but his executor was his sister and we couldn’t find her (possibly in another nursing home - or dead too). They said they couldn’t do anything, the bank said they couldn’t do anything because they hadn’t been ‘notified’ I said that I was notifying them and after many weeks they said they’d refer it to another dept. I still don’t know what happened as the company folded and closed. So as far as I am aware the bank are still waiting to hear from the solicotor and the solicitor is still waiting to hear from the sister ad infinitum.

Good game. Ann

Ann I think life is crazy & death seems to complicate things!

xx