copaxone and weight....

Has anyone experienced any weight gain being on Copaxone? I’m starting it in two weeks or so and have read that it causes weight gain… i’m getting married in 5 and a half months and cannot afford to gain weight as my wedding dress might not fit :o( …

i actually lost weight although it’s back on now.

i think people respond differently to it like all things ms.

wishing you well for your wedding

carole x

I was on it for - i think - about seven months …absolutely no weight gain at all.

Best way to look gorgeous on your big day is to do all you can to make sure your uninvited guest stays quiet - and that is exactly what you are doing by getting on one of the disease-modifying drugs ASAP. I hope that the Copaxone does a great job for you and that you breeze through the wedding preps in style. Alison x

Fwiw, I was on Copaxone for 4 years without any weight gain.

I just checked www.drugs.com for Copaxone side effects though. It states that 3% of Copaxone users experienced weight gain versus 1% of the people on the placebo. So the odds are pretty good that you’ll be fine.

Gotta agree with Alison too - a couple of extra pounds is less likely to disrupt the wedding plans than a relapse.

I hope neither happen, and that the wedding is wonderful :slight_smile:

Karen x

Thankyou all so so much, def put a smile on my face and gave me hope!!! Let’s hope i’m not in the 3% who gain weight! and i totally agree about dmds vs relapse!! wedding planning can be pretty stressful as i’ve noticed thus far! so many opinions about everything and i like to keep everyone happy! appt with consultant neuro on Wed morning for more scan results and final chat before starting treatment… anxious would be an understatement! x

Thankyou all so so much, def put a smile on my face and gave me hope!!! Let’s hope i’m not in the 3% who gain weight! and i totally agree about dmds vs relapse!! wedding planning can be pretty stressful as i’ve noticed thus far! so many opinions about everything and i like to keep everyone happy! appt with consultant neuro on Wed morning for more scan results and final chat before starting treatment… anxious would be an understatement! x