Catching up

Hi to all,

I’ve tried hard to stay away…not sure why really. Life is difficult. Not enough hours in the day. Not enough energy and enthusiasm I guess and loads more.

I miss this family, squabbles, support and some fantastic people.

Anyhow, just a very quick ‘Hi’ to everyone. Hoping that you’re all well as can be and that you’re being looked after, if not by someone else, then by yourself.

Carole xx

Hello

I emailed you about 10 minutes ago then logged in here to find this post!

I have nothing to add to what I wrote 10 minutes ago except have some of these (((((Carole))))

Ellie x

Hi, I think we all need a break sometimes as it is easy to get bogged down with all our MS stuff. This forum is brilliant but I needed a break and didn’t come on here for a few months. I didn’t realise that I did miss all the advice, chat etc until I logged back in. Take care Karen x

Hi Carole, good to see you here,xxjo

Nice to see you giving the ‘Wailing Wall’ another try. If you’re expexcting anything like the old Bored you’ll find a totally different experience. The majority of the Old Regulars appear to not appear,but I do think they watch from a safe difference and will swoop in to give advice when they are sufficiently wound up by a genuine plea for help being ignored or poor advice being offered.

The Family is now disfunctional,tight lipped and very person centred.There is no squabbling partly due to the appalling ‘Off the Shelf’ software package that is now in place.(apparently peoples’ votes from a survey conducted on the old Board are responsible for much of what you see before you) There doesn’t appear to be anything like Penpals,but there is an Asian section which is never used.

I’m sorry Carole but it looks like I’m using your post to have a little dig.Me and other oldies have tried to stir things up a bit,but there is never much support for anything trying to improve the quality of the place.

“There’s a lot of apathy,but I don’t want to talk about it”

Wb

The Asian section has ONE post on the first of January this year and that is it. So how’s about a little dig to get that Board removed and something like the old Pen Pals started.

I think the management may say that something like Pen Pals is beyond the scope of the software in the setup that is in place. The Reply to the Reply facility has gone and not having that has ripped the Heart+Soul out of the Boards,and that brings us back to the ‘management shield’ of the survey that must have been answered by about 30 people three or four years ago.

When the MS Daily living boards opened in 2004/2005 Pen Pals was easy enough to create and administer.Technology has moved on just a touch in eight years so maybe Pen Pals could live again. Through Pen Pals the two dimensional became three, and LOTS+LOTS of people met in the real world.

Hasn’t that got to be the most important thing for us poor suffering b’stards

Wb

Hi Wb, similar to the old Pen Pals section, i find becoming buddies and pm.ing folk, a good way of getting to know someone. I have made several friends that way and have also met up with some.

As the majority of us agree, this new set up isnt as good as the old. But the old has gone and the new is here to stay. So instead of hankering after summat we cant have, let`s enjoy what we do have.

Sounds like life with MS or any other chronic condition, eh?

luv Pollxx

Hi Elorac, nice to see your name again and to welcome you back.

ive just had a weeks holiday and missed the site and all my pals here.

luv Pollx

As the majority of us agree, this new set up isnt as good as the old. But the old has gone and the new is here to stay. So instead of hankering after summat we cant have, let`s enjoy what we do have.

Sounds like life with MS or any other chronic condition, eh?

luv Pollxx

I hope there should be some text from Poll above this. I am going to take issue with the last six words. We only have to put up with these boards because your MS Society and the people running this particular section DICTATE that it must be like this. In a world where Face Book is valued at £Billions,is the ‘button pressing’ to ALLOW what eight year old technology used to provide impossible?

Personally I am not hankering after anything from here. I only write on here to help people who are asking advice,get some answers then leave,not realising that with a bit of adjustment this place could be something like the Community it once was.My community is out in the real world,so the poor souls who have only this place and similar are downtrodden yet again.

I fully expect the usual response…Nothing.

Wb