brilliant film

been to see bohemian rhapsody and wow!!!

it was wonderful from the start but the highlight was when they played Live Aid - i wanted to clap!

fortunately restrained myself and retained some decorum.

so many memories of live aid, not least that i was newly graduated from uni and newly married too.

we are the champions my friends!!

2 Likes

cant wait to see itā€¦I love Queen and ā€˜Live aidā€™ it still gives me goosebumps when i play it on youtube.I would have loved to have been there on the day.

Oh yeah, seen it as well!! ABSOLUTELY GO!!!

yes go if you possibly can! went straight into my top ten films of all time.

Not seen it yet but been absolulely stunned by the Peter Jackson colourisation of WW1 film put together as ā€˜They Shall Not Grow Oldā€™ I think still viewable on IPlayer if anybody missed it

1 Like

Weā€™ve just watched ā€œThey Shall Not Grow Oldā€ as wellā€¦ rather well done, I thought,but then Iā€™d expect no less from Peter Jackson. Very moving. But then WWI always gets me like that. Family legend; my grandad caught the fever and went to join up, and tried to persuade the recruiting sergeant that he was old enoughā€¦ but the recruiting sergeant wasnā€™t fooled for a minute and told him to ā€œf*** off back to your mother, son!ā€. He was 13 coming up 14 at the timeā€¦:slight_smile:

That is a class watch and should have so many awards but will probably get none

I hate to be the one to say this but I donā€™t think itā€™s right to hijack someone elseā€™s post with something elseā€¦ Just my opinion

1 Like

sometimes its done without thinking though. I know I can be guilty of it at times.

Me and Jayne went to see it last saturday,both loved it.Weatherspoons then this for our first ā€œdate nightā€ since she got MS.