big hello from a newbie.

Hope im doing this correct. Cognitive function doesnt come as standard here anymore! Im 51 have spms and am stuck indoors a lot so thoughy ud pop on in too check you lovely people out as we are all in the same crappy boat i guess.
I crack on live the natural route and luckily…so far…have kept a resemblance if good humour.some days anyways! Its helps doesnt it.
Hope you all had a great xmas and sre coping ok x

2 Likes

Hello

What a nice introduction to yourself. No, cognition doesn’t come as standard here either. Brains not necessarily in great working order all the time. But we get by!

Yes, you are doing it all correctly (ie the forum!) Welcome to our leaky boat.

Sue

1 Like

Hi,

My cognitive functions weren’t great before I had MS. All ok here despite a bunch of poxy squirrels scaring all the birds away.

take care
Mick

2 Likes

That picture makes me think of you Mick! A little bit interested in what’s going on, a tad squirrel brained, mostly interested in food and other wild animals!

Sue

there is no way I am as smart or ripped as these fluffy tailed rodents.

Tyson here and his two cousins have unscrewed to top off the “squirrel proof” feeder and chewed through 5 inches of plastic before diving in head first to the sunflower seeds.

I am quite happy to share a bit with this sort of wildlife but get a bit snippy when they scare the intended recipients away. On Christmas eve I got an early pressie when the Siskins and Redpolls returned.

Mick

Sorry, I seem to have subverted this post, I do not need much of an excuse to get my piccies out. M

I’m sorry, I like Tyson and his cousin. I especially like his four fingers in the first picture.

I know it’s bad and wrong to steal someone else’s thread, but I do love your photos!

S x

1 Like

Hi,
Welcome to the site that no one wants to join.

I’m stuck inside too. Lots on the laptop, read my kindle, chat to friends and get out when I can.

Yes humour always helps.
Take care.
Jen

1 Like

Hi Islandgal - as you’re discovering, these threads can float off in all sorts of directions!

Guilty as charged, so sorry.
Mick

Me too. I can’t help encouraging thread theft. Especially by squirrels.

Sue

1 Like

Oops.

I think I may have been wrong about Tyson and his relatives. More dangerous than I’d thought!!

Sue

Flippin’ heck, makes my thugs sound like the provisional wing of the W.I

Many years ago my mum tried to hand feed a squirrel, which promptly bit her thumb to the bone.

See, violent criminals!! I’m sorry that I denigrated your personal attackers. The poor birdies don’t stand a chance against rampaging gangsters.

Sue

Vicious squirrel mafia.

I found this from the year of my birth, it seems that some squirrels were OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVfH2TfArpY

I was in the Tufty club… exlains a lot
M

the top picture looks like a rodent style Tom Cruise

I stole it!

Tufty was a red squirrel :chipmunk: from the 1950s. I suspect they were different before being invaded and overrun by todays grey rodent hoodlums. Let’s not forget the 1950s was a different, more innocent world. (Remember the knitted swimsuits?)

Not withstanding the red anti-hero squirrel in my purloined photo. (Who reminds me more of Keanu Reeves in The Matrix than Tom Cruises!) He was of course a renegade red squirrel. More of an armed raider, just like Tyson and the other grey villains.

Sue

Thankyou for your replys …looks like theres some bird lovers and great squirrel pics.i see many red ones here where i live.so cute.ok so im obv still getting too grips on here …things take a while too sink in,im sure you can relate ! Is this going on forum just so i get whos reading my nonsense ?
I can talk for England me :slight_smile: