been away

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing OK and coping with the heat.

Just got back from a few days by the sea, where. it was wall to wall sunshine, which as we all know has advantages and disadvantages, but all in all a lovely break.

Shattered now mind, time to rest me thinks.

Pam x

Lovely that you got away Pam! Yes it’s either too damned hot or to damned cold!!! Rest now… and stay out of the sun. Pat xx

Hello Pam,

A good holiday is a wonderful thing. We’ve just had a fantastic week by the Menai Strait. For the first time I took my Tramper (a fufty tufty mobility scooter) on a trailer and was able to go out and about. The journey was a bit of a pain, not being able to drive too fast and having to look after our 18 months old Rose, but it was well worth it.

Good wishes, Steve x.

So glad you had a nice break away Pam, it does all of us a lot of good. I often wish I was in a position to go on holiday and then I take a drive out and realise that I’m extremely fortunate and don’t have to go away as where I live is lovely enough and many people pay a lot of money to holiday around here, Hopefully the weather will improve again and the shorts and t shirts can come out of the wardrobe. I’m one of those people that do better in the heat, the cold really sets my leg pain off again.

Take care and enjoy your reprieve from the heat.

Cath xx

[quote=“Steve Snore”]

Hello Pam,

A good holiday is a wonderful thing. We’ve just had a fantastic week by the Menai Strait. For the first time I took my Tramper (a fufty tufty mobility scooter) on a trailer and was able to go out and about. The journey was a bit of a pain, not being able to drive too fast and having to look after our 18 months old Rose, but it was well worth it.

Good wishes, Steve x.

[/quote] Hi Steve

Glad you have had a good holiday as well. Close to where we live there is a beauty spot which is all ups and downs on. uneven ground, so they have a tramper you can hire to get all around, and I used it one Sunday, great experience.

Pam x

Hi Cath,

I agree it does do you a power of good, and although we live in the beautiful Cotswolds,

I do love the seaside, still a big kid at heart!

I find the extremities of heat and cold plays me up, there’s no pleasing me lol

Pam x

Welcome home Pam, so pleased you had a good time…a few days of rest needed now to get over the holiday? Nina x

Thanks Nina, yes you’re right, need to rest now. What always amazes me is, I can have dreadful fatigue, go to bed and cannot sleep!

Pam x

Oh Pam I know that one only too well. It’s so strange. You think being that fatigued would put you to sleep but seems to have oppostie effect. Too tired to sleep… bonkers eh… Pat xx

I know that one too! It is yet another thing that " normal " people will never be able to understand! Nina x

Thanks Pat and Nina, its so frustrating and family and friends just don’t understand, but how could they, I don’t understand it myself.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Pam x

I must be on my own because I can sleep anywhere. I only go to bed when I’m tired but I’m asleep as my head hits the pillow and my daughter’s always waking me up on the sofa and sending me to bed. I even embarrassed myself by dozing off at my friend’s while she made us a cuppa. She came back to see me and both dogs flat out so got on her comfy chair and joined us. I’ll blame it on the drugs, wonderful things!

Take care

Cath xx