Awkward B*tch - Marlo Donato Parmelee

Evening all just wanted to share a great read Awkward Bitch - My life with MS by Marlo Donato Pramelee - seen an article about this lady and her book in the MS matters magazine shortly after i was diagnosed and thought that looks interesting but went out of my head then remembered about it last wk and ordered it online, It is an absolutely fab book, humorous but heart felt and think a lot of MSers could relate to what the author has said. Can anyone else recommend any good MS related books that are informative and uplifting!!! Roisin xo ps if you are still a member Marlo, well done for telling your story and hope you are well , injecting your a*s and enjoying Space Faji :smiley:

I reviewed this book for the MS Society when it first came out. It is definitely worth reading. Liz

I read this as well. It was a a well written book with a real sense of humour to it. I was amazed at how she has coped and accepted the Ms. I took me a long time to accept the fact that I have MS and it was interesting to read somebody’s experience of it. I do know that she is writing a second book but has had to put that on hold as she is due imminently. Andy

I read this as well. It was a a well written book with a real sense of humour to it. I was amazed at how she has coped and accepted the Ms. I took me a long time to accept the fact that I have MS and it was interesting to read somebody’s experience of it. I do know that she is writing a second book but has had to put that on hold as she is due imminently. Andy

I read this when I was first diagnosed and found it very real, a lot of her experiences had happened to me and like her I didn’t realise what was going on!! I would recommend it to MS sufferers and their families, it’s a good way to explain how you are feeling and trying to cope with all the s**t that goes with MS.

I have also read this book and would say definitely worth a read. Have also lent it to a couple of my friends (non MS’rs) who have said it was good and helped them understand a bit more about MS. Linda

@ Jonny, I am the total opposite “MS” eyes permitting I am a total book worm, devour books. Can get through one in a day or two if i get piece to read. Have just got a new kindle so really looking forward to downloading lots of new books to it, sadly this on not yet available in e-format though hopefully will be soon as think its one of those book I will read again. @ Linda @Jessie J @Liz Real good book, so honest and similar to what a lot of us have gone through with diagnosis, symptoms and understanding - great read for non MSers as its the kind of book you can share with them help them comprehend some of what is going on without it being on of those medical/pity me books @Andy yeah i was looking up a few of things written by/or about her online, lots of it makes interesting reading as does her video blogs - def looking forward to reading any books she may write in the future. Another great one i have read recently is Coffee in The Cereal by Lorna J Moorhead which charts the authors first year with MS. It is available as an ebook, I have it on my kindle and found it hilarious. Have highlighted quite a few bits of it and gone back to it several times so many parts of it ring true with what I have been through over the last few yrs Roisin